Shady Ridge Parcel 23
- 2.13 acres
- Texas County, Missouri
- $Sold / $
- 191.70 per month
Shady Ridge Parcel 23
- 4WD Access
- Off Grid
- No Mobile Homes
This mostly-level parcel of mature oaks is located at a very rural intersection on a ridge-top a little over 12 miles from town on an old road that, while it’s been in use for decades, is still pretty rough and will require that you own a four-wheel-drive vehicle for year-round access. However, once you get here, you’ve got 2.13 fully-surveyed acres of peace and tranquility which lies level along the access road, then falls down into a deep ravine in the back (east) of the parcel. Sit here quietly for a spell and all manner of wildlife will wander past your vision. When you get bored with that, the high ridge-top location provides reasonable cell-phone service. There’s a semi-cleared area in the west that would do for your solar collectors because grid electricity is not available.
Mobile homes are not permitted, but tiny homes and portable cabins are encouraged.
- 2.13 acres fully surveyed
- SHADY RIDGE PARCEL 23: All that part of the West Half of the West Half of the Northeast Quarter of the Northeast Quarter of the Southeast Quarter and that part of the East Half of the East Half of the Northwest Quarter of the Northeast Quarter of the Southeast Quarter of Section 9, Township 28 North, Range 9 West lying south and east of the center-line of the access roads thereon.
- We will pass Fee Simple Title to the purchaser conveying 100% of the ownership of the property including all timber, mineral and water rights. We own this property free and clear of all tax liens, judgments mortgages or other encumbrances. As purchaser, you are not assuming any existing liens. We will record a Warranty Deed to the property in your name after you have made six monthly payments.
- Access via deeded easement from Rainbow Road (county) to the property.
- We do not supply water or water systems to any of these properties. Purchasers of these parcels need to arrange to drill their own private water well. For information on drilling procedures you should contact local well-drillers. Current prices charged by local well-drillers run around $8 per foot to drill and $9-13 per foot to install a 6-inch casing.
- Missouri law requires a minimum of 80 feet of casing in all locations and more in some. The estimated cost of a complete well, casing and pump system in this area is $7,500.
- Permits are not required to drill water wells for single-family dwellings; however, you are required to hire a state-licensed well-driller.
- This parcel is off-grid: that is, electrical service has not been extended to the property. The nearest electrical line is some distance away, and it would be more practical to provide your own electricity via wind or solar means. However, commercial electricity is provided to the area by:HOWELL-OREGON ELECTRIC CO-OP www.hoecoop.org 6327 N US Hwy 63 West Plains, MO 65775 (888)HOE-POWER (1-888-463-7693)
- Telephone and Internet:
- Telephone and internet services are provided to Shady Ridge by CenturyLink 1-800-201-4099.http://www.centurylink.com/
- We do not provide any means of sewage disposal for these properties. Being in a rural area, the most common methods of sewage disposal are by individual on-site septic tanks and composting toilets.
- The Missouri Department of Natural Resources has given general approval for this usage of this site for individual sewage treatment systems.
- In-ground septic systems must be constructed in accordance with County and State standards, and you must obtain permission from the Texas County Health Department to install a septic tank. The average cost of a septic tank and drain field is approximately $3500. Composting toilets are available for from under $1,000 to more than $3,000 according to your tastes.
- Propane gas is available from local dealers.
- Mail Delivery:
- Mail is delivered to Shady Ridge on Rainbow Dr. To establish a mailbox there, contact the postmaster at Cabool Post Office.
These five restrictions apply to all of our older locations.
- No buildings shall be constructed closer than 100 ft. from a roadway or 30 ft. from a boundary. (This may be adjusted in certain locations.)
Explanation: buildings placed closer can cause situations that interfere with road maintenance and utility transmission.
- No refuse, debris, unused building materials nor derelict vehicles shall be allowed to collect on the premises.
Explanation: piles of junk are not only unsightly, but tend to spread to adjoining vacant parcels. Dead cars and junk make it harder for us to sell adjacent properties, or for you to sell yours.
- You may keep whatever livestock or pets you wish so long as they are not allowed to create a nuisance to neighboring land owners.
Explanation: this probably means that if you want to keep pigs in the most common fashion, you need a parcel of at least 5 acres with a back corner located away from anyone else's home. Lots of barking dogs may also cause you problems depending on the size of your parcel and how you locate your facilities.
- No parcel shall be further subdivided.
Explanation: you may build more than one residence on a single parcel, but you may not deed away a part of the parcel to someone else.
- All wastewater treatment facilities shall be constructed in accordance with applicable state water quality standards.
Explanation: if you plan to construct an in-ground septic system, it must meet state standards. We find that the typical state-approved septic system will cost upwards of $3,000 for labor and materials. Additionally, the state says that any septic system on less than three acres be built to Missouri Department of Natural Resources specifications. Parcels of 5 acres or greater are virtually unrestricted. Since they do not endanger the ground-water, composting toilets are not restricted.
- $25 (estimate)
Building codes and/or permits:
- Texas County does not issue building permits and no building codes are in effect. The County Health Department must approve your septic system
Driving Directions to Locate Shady Ridge Parcel 23Getting there: Begin in Willow Springs and go north on Highway 137. About 3 miles out of town, Highway HH turns north (left) a so should you. Follow HH through some very scenic country, crossing a number of small streams that flow east. After about 7 miles (or so) you'll come to where HH intersects with Highway U, go straight, staying on HH, and turn right on the first county (unpaved) road beyond, Jackson Road. Follow this about half a mile to the intersection with Rainbow Drive (sign missing) and take that to the left. When you come to the first fork in the road, take the right fork (marked " Shady Ridge Road"). This road, in turn, runs about 1 mile through a stand of young pines, then down into a steep hollow and to another fork where you go right, uphill. When you come to the top of this hill, you'll be in Shady Ridge. The road forks again in front of an unusual construction; you take the left fork. About a quarter-mile later, you'll go under a large power line and right after that a smaller road turns left further into the woods. This intersection is the west side of Parcel 23 You'll see the survey ribbons marking the parcel.
Lon. -91.929300°Disclaimer: These directions are accurate to the best of our knowledge but cannot be guaranteed. Visit this property at your own risk, we are not responsible for accidents.
No Down Payment - Warranty Deed after Six MonthsWelcome to OzarkLand.com where, since 1982, we have dedicated ourselves to making Ozark Mountain land available to anyone who sincerely wants to own it, on a first-come, first-served basis. You don’t need to make a sizeable down payment, or any down payment at all—just start making the monthly payments.
All of the properties we sell are owned by us, free and clear. That means that when we pass title to you, you don't need to worry that some disinterested third party—such as a bank—may own an interest in the property. This is frequently not the case in the real estate world at large.
We give you a Warranty Deed guaranteeing the title—no lease-options, no long-term land contracts, but fee-simple title to the property after only six months' timely payments.
All of the properties featured in our inventory are available to you via our very liberal financing plan. In fact, we’ll finance your whole land purchase with less paperwork and frustration than you'd experience buying a used car, and with no hidden expenses and one low-interest rate that’s remained unchanged since 1982.
We'll set up a contract with you in return for one monthly payment. After six monthly payments, we give you a Warranty Deed to the property, and we hold a Deed of Trust and Quit-Claim Deed as security. We record the deeds at the county courthouse at our expense, and we pay all closing costs.
There are no penalties for pre-payment.
Terms are 9% simple interest for 15 years.
Check out the "How It Works" page for more information.
- 191.70 Bedrooms
- 18900 Bathrooms
- 2.13 acres