Roberts Road 1.5 Acres
- 1.50 acres
- Texas County, Missouri
- $Sold / $
- 151.13 per month
The land here is high ground, a little over 1,300 feet of elevation, but the terrain is pretty level and the parcel has a powerline from the electric co-op running right through the middle of the parcel. Between Roberts Road and the powerline, the forest is a dense collection of cedars fretted with mimosa trees and iris, remnants of some long-ago homestead. We have opened up a crude path from the county road to the powerline. This could be developed into a driveway, and it gives you a peek at what’s inside. All four corners are marked with stakes by the Texas County Surveyor, and we have all the parcel’s dimensions (it’s 210 feet by 315).
Roberts Road is a two-lane gravel road maintained by Texas County. The property is 9/10-mile from pavement, 2.5 miles outside the little hamlet of Elk Creek (a post office and a few houses, no businesses), and 10 miles to Cabool.
- 1.5 acres fully surveyed
- All of the South 315 feet of the West 210 feet of the Southwest Quarter of the Northwest Quarter of Section 17, Township 29 North, Range 9 West.
- We will pass Fee Simple Title to the purchaser conveying 100% of the ownership of the property including all timber, mineral and water rights. We own this property free and clear of all tax liens, judgments mortgages or other encumbrances. As purchaser, you are not assuming any existing liens. We will record a Warranty Deed to the property in your name after you have made six monthly payments.
- 315-foot frontage on Roberts Road, a road maintained by Texas County
- We do not supply water or water systems to any of these properties. Purchasers of these parcels need to arrange to drill their own private water well. For information on drilling procedures you should contact local well-drillers. Current prices charged by local well-drillers run around $8 per foot to drill and $9-13 per foot to install a 6-inch casing.
- Missouri law requires a minimum of 80 feet of casing in all locations and more in some. The estimated cost of a complete well, casing and pump system in this area is $7,500.
- Permits are not required to drill water wells for single-family dwellings; however, you are required to hire a state-licensed well-driller.
- An electric line has been installed on the property by Intercounty Electric Co-op. To establish an account contact them at: 102 Maple Avenue PO Box 209 Licking, MO 65542. Phone: 866-621-3679
- Telephone and Internet:
- Telephone and internet services are provided to Roberts Road by CenturyLink 1-800-201-4099.http://www.centurylink.com/
- We do not provide any means of sewage disposal for these properties. Being in a rural area, the most common methods of sewage disposal are by individual on-site septic tanks and composting toilets.
- The Missouri Department of Natural Resources has given general approval for this usage of this site for individual sewage treatment systems.
- In-ground septic systems must be constructed in accordance with County and State standards, and you must obtain permission from the Texas County Health Department to install a septic tank. The average cost of a septic tank and drain field is approximately $3500. Composting toilets are available for from under $1,000 to more than $3,000 according to your tastes.
- Propane gas is available from local dealers.
- Mail Delivery:
- Mail is delivered to the property on Roberts Road. To establish a mailbox there, contact the postmaster at Cabool Post Office.
These five restrictions apply to all of our older locations.
- No buildings shall be constructed closer than 100 ft. from a roadway or 30 ft. from a boundary. (This may be adjusted in certain locations.)
Explanation: buildings placed closer can cause situations that interfere with road maintenance and utility transmission.
- No refuse, debris, unused building materials nor derelict vehicles shall be allowed to collect on the premises.
Explanation: piles of junk are not only unsightly, but tend to spread to adjoining vacant parcels. Dead cars and junk make it harder for us to sell adjacent properties, or for you to sell yours.
- You may keep whatever livestock or pets you wish so long as they are not allowed to create a nuisance to neighboring land owners.
Explanation: this probably means that if you want to keep pigs in the most common fashion, you need a parcel of at least 5 acres with a back corner located away from anyone else's home. Lots of barking dogs may also cause you problems depending on the size of your parcel and how you locate your facilities.
- No parcel shall be further subdivided.
Explanation: you may build more than one residence on a single parcel, but you may not deed away a part of the parcel to someone else.
- All wastewater treatment facilities shall be constructed in accordance with applicable state water quality standards.
Explanation: if you plan to construct an in-ground septic system, it must meet state standards. We find that the typical state-approved septic system will cost upwards of $3,000 for labor and materials. Additionally, the state says that any septic system on less than three acres be built to Missouri Department of Natural Resources specifications. Parcels of 5 acres or greater are virtually unrestricted. Since they do not endanger the ground-water, composting toilets are not restricted.
- $25 (estimate)
Building codes and/or permits:
- Texas County does not issue building permits and no building codes are in effect. The County Health Department must approve your septic system
No Down Payment - Warranty Deed after Six MonthsWelcome to OzarkLand.com where, since 1982, we have dedicated ourselves to making Ozark Mountain land available to anyone who sincerely wants to own it, on a first-come, first-served basis. You don’t need to make a sizeable down payment, or any down payment at all—just start making the monthly payments.
All of the properties we sell are owned by us, free and clear. That means that when we pass title to you, you don't need to worry that some disinterested third party—such as a bank—may own an interest in the property. This is frequently not the case in the real estate world at large.
We give you a Warranty Deed guaranteeing the title—no lease-options, no long-term land contracts, but fee-simple title to the property after only six months' timely payments.
All of the properties featured in our inventory are available to you via our very liberal financing plan. In fact, we’ll finance your whole land purchase with less paperwork and frustration than you'd experience buying a used car, and with no hidden expenses and one low-interest rate that’s remained unchanged since 1982.
We'll set up a contract with you in return for one monthly payment. After six monthly payments, we give you a Warranty Deed to the property, and we hold a Deed of Trust and Quit-Claim Deed as security. We record the deeds at the county courthouse at our expense, and we pay all closing costs.
There are no penalties for pre-payment.
Terms are 9% simple interest for 15 years.
Check out the "How It Works" page for more information.
- 151.13 Bedrooms
- 14900 Bathrooms
- 1.50 acres