Lillium Brook Parcel K
- 2.53 acres
- Texas County, Missouri
- $Sold / $
- 201.84 per month
Here’s what it looks like from inside Parcel K looking out to the access road.
Here we’re at the end of the driveway. Just about all of this parcel is level, and this clearing is in the center back.
A good place for a cabin.
There’s enough open ground for a small garden and there’s pretty dense vegetation near the boundaries, so there’s both sun and privacy.
For the most part though, it’s a cool shady parcel in summer with plenty of natural windbreak in winter.
The parcel is all high ground and the predominant vegetation is eastern red cedar. This was an orchard 90 years ago.
Here’s the driveway into Parcel K as seen from the access road which the property fronts. Why don’t you drive out and look at it this weekend? There’s driving directions in the appropriate tab below this one. When you see the two double ribbons shown above, you’ll know you’re in the right place.
Lillium Brook Parcel K
- 2WD Access
- Grid Electricity
- No Mobile Homes
Well, by yet another remarkable coincidence, we happen to be in the position to offer you a generous helping of normalcy in the form of 2.53 acres, (think of two football fields side by side) that isn’t really any different than it was in 2019. In fact, other than the landline phone, grid electricity, and easy access, this place hasn’t really changed that much since 1019 either.
The terrain is nearly level throughout the property, which is primarily a dense, shady forest of eastern red cedars. It’s cool in the summer and wind-protected in winter. There’s a driveway from the access road that we’ve covered with a thick layer of crushed limestone. The property fronts on that access road on its south and west sides. The electric line runs along the west boundary as well. Also included is a generous dose of your good health and sanity. Put a cabin back at the end of the driveway and live out your days in lush rural serenity.
The access road is 2-wheel-drive friendly, but there is a small creek crossing that might raise a worrisome noise when crossed by a particularly long or low vehicle; its flooding might keep you home for a couple of hours every once in a while.
The property is located 3/10ths mile from Missouri State Highway 137, and 13 miles to Houston, Missouri—the county seat.
- 2.5 Acres
- LILLIUM BROOK PARCEL K: All of the Southwest Quarter of the Southeast Quarter of the Southeast Quarter of the Northwest Quarter of the Southwest Quarter of Section 5, Township 29 North, Range 8 West consisting of 2.5 acres.
- We will pass Fee Simple Title to the purchaser conveying 100% of the ownership of the property including all timber, mineral and water rights. We own this property free and clear of all tax liens, judgments mortgages or other encumbrances. As a purchaser, you are not assuming any existing liens. We will record a Warranty Deed to the property in your name after you have made six monthly payments.
- Access via deeded easement from Missouri Hwy. 137.
- We do not supply water or water systems to any of these properties. Purchasers of these parcels need to arrange to drill their own private water well. For information on drilling procedures you should contact local well-drillers. Current prices charged by local well-drillers run around $8 per foot to drill and $9-13 per foot to install a 6-inch casing. Missouri law requires a minimum of 80 feet of casing in all locations and more in some. The estimated cost of a complete well, casing and pump system in this area is $7,500. Permits are not required to drill water wells for single-family dwellings; however, you are required to hire a state-licensed well-driller.
- Electrical service is adjacent to the property. Commercial electricity is provided to the area by: Intercounty Electric Cooperative in Licking, MO, 1-866-621-3679. Check with Intercounty for their latest policy on extending power.
- Telephone and Internet:
- Telephone and internet services are provided to Lillium Brook by CenturyLink 1-800-201-4099.http://www.centurylink.com/
- We do not provide any means of sewage disposal for these properties. Being in a rural area, the most common methods of sewage disposal are by individual on-site septic tanks, however composting toilets are permitted.
- The Missouri Department of Natural Resources has given general approval for this usage of this site for individual sewage treatment systems.
- Septic systems must be constructed in accordance with County and State standards, and you must obtain permission from the Texas County Health Department, 950 N. Highway 63, Houston, MO 65483, (417) 967-4131 to install a septic tank. The average cost of a septic tank and drain field is $3500.
- Propane gas is available from local dealers.
- Mail Delivery:
- Mail is delivered to Lillium Brook on Highway 137. To establish a mailbox there, contact the postmaster at the Houston, Missouri Post Office.
These five restrictions apply to all of our older locations.
- No buildings shall be constructed closer than 100 ft. from a roadway or 30 ft. from a boundary. (This may be adjusted in certain locations.)
Explanation: buildings placed closer can cause situations that interfere with road maintenance and utility transmission.
- No refuse, debris, unused building materials nor derelict vehicles shall be allowed to collect on the premises.
Explanation: piles of junk are not only unsightly, but tend to spread to adjoining vacant parcels. Dead cars and junk make it harder for us to sell adjacent properties, or for you to sell yours.
- You may keep whatever livestock or pets you wish so long as they are not allowed to create a nuisance to neighboring landowners.
Explanation: this probably means that if you want to keep pigs in the most common fashion, you need a parcel of at least 5 acres with a back corner located away from anyone else's home. Lots of barking dogs may also cause you problems depending on the size of your parcel and how you locate your facilities.
- No parcel shall be further subdivided.
Explanation: you may build more than one residence on a single parcel, but you may not deed away a part of the parcel to someone else.
- All wastewater treatment facilities shall be constructed in accordance with applicable state water quality standards.
Explanation: if you plan to construct an in-ground septic system, it must meet state standards. We find that the typical state-approved septic system will cost upwards of $3,000 for labor and materials. Additionally, the state says that any septic system on less than three acres be built to Missouri Department of Natural Resources specifications. Parcels of 5 acres or greater are virtually unrestricted. Since they do not endanger the ground-water, composting toilets are not restricted.
Deed restrictions are restrictions on this property which have been recorded with the county, and which will remain in effect even when the property changes hands. This does not mean that our contract, which expires when you no longer owe us money, does not contain certain requirements in addition to these.
- $75 (estimate)
Building codes and/or permits:
- Texas County does not issue building permits and no building codes are in effect. The County Health Department must approve your septic system
From Cabool, Missouri take US Highway 63 northeast to H Highway, then east 18 miles to Highway 137. The access road is exactly 1 mile north of the intersection of Highways 137 and H. On the access road that parcel is on your right, 0.3 miles from Highway 137.
No Down Payment - Warranty Deed after Six MonthsWelcome to OzarkLand.com where, since 1982, we have dedicated ourselves to making Ozark Mountain land available to anyone who sincerely wants to own it, on a first-come, first-served basis. You don’t need to make a sizeable down payment, or any down payment at all—just start making the monthly payments.
All of the properties we sell are owned by us, free and clear. That means that when we pass title to you, you don't need to worry that some disinterested third party—such as a bank—may own an interest in the property. This is frequently not the case in the real estate world at large.
We give you a Warranty Deed guaranteeing the title—no lease-options, no long-term land contracts, but fee-simple title to the property after only six months' timely payments.
All of the properties featured in our inventory are available to you via our very liberal financing plan. In fact, we’ll finance your whole land purchase with less paperwork and frustration than you'd experience buying a used car, and with no hidden expenses and one low-interest rate that’s remained unchanged since 1982.
We'll set up a contract with you in return for one monthly payment. After six monthly payments, we give you a Warranty Deed to the property, and we hold a Deed of Trust and Quit-Claim Deed as security. We record the deeds at the county courthouse at our expense, and we pay all closing costs.
There are no penalties for pre-payment.
Terms are 9% simple interest for 15 years.
Check out the "How It Works" page for more information.
- 201.84 Bedrooms
- 19900 Bathrooms
- 2.53 acres