Lillium Brook Parcel A
- 5.07 acres
- Texas County, Missouri
- $Sold / $
- 455.41 per month
Lillium Brook Parcel A
- Grid Electric and Phone
- Two Small Creeks
- 2-Wheel-Drive Access
- No Mobile Homes
Lillium Brook Parcel A is a fully platted and surveyed 5.07 acres at the very end of a half-mile access road. This road crosses a small spring branch which is occasionally dry, and less often flooded so deep that you probably shouldn’t cross it. Even if you’re living there, it won’t impact your life very much or very often, but I thought you’d want to know about it.
The property itself is nearly level. It’s covered mostly with a dense stand of eastern red cedar and it has two creeks, one running north to south and another running east to west. The first creek is much more accessible because of the density of the forest leading back to the second one, but there’s a powerline that makes that one pretty easily accessed, too. The north-south creek is larger and close by the entrance. There’s a small pond that’s about 40 feet in diameter, and behind that is a ¼-acre clearing that we think would make a nice, private building site. In front of the pond is another ½-acre of open space for growing or mowing. You could also put a solar array there, but there’s currently grid electricity from Intercounty Electric out of Licking, Missouri.
You really should take a look at this place. You won’t find live water on very many five-acre parcels and this would make you an excellent place to build.
We’ve got maps and photos and everything we could think of to tell you about here on the drop-down menus below. See if this isn’t the place for you.
- 5.07 Acres Surveryed and Staked
- LILLIUM BROOK PARCEL A: All of the West Half of the Northwest Quarter of the Northwest Quarter of the Southwest Quarter of Section 5, Township 29 North, Range 8 West
- We will pass Fee Simple Title to the purchaser conveying 100% of the ownership of the property including all timber, mineral and water rights. We own this property free and clear of all tax liens, judgments mortgages or other encumbrances. As purchaser, you are not assuming any existing liens. We will record a Warranty Deed to the property in your name after you have made six monthly payments.
- LILLIUM BROOK is accessed from Missouri State Highway 137, a two-lane asphalt road, which is 20 to 24 feet in width and maintained by the Missouri State Highway Department, and by a 16-foot-wide dirt and gravel road on a 33-foot easement.
- We do not supply water or water systems to any of these properties. Purchasers of these parcels need to arrange to drill their own private water well. For information on drilling procedures you should contact local well-drillers. Current prices charged by local well-drillers run around $8 per foot to drill and $9-13 per foot to install a 6-inch casing. Missouri law requires a minimum of 80 feet of casing in all locations and more in some. The estimated cost of a complete well, casing and pump system in this area is $7,500.Permits are not required to drill water wells for single-family dwellings; however, you are required to hire a state-licensed well-driller.
- INTERCOUNTY ELECTRIC CO-OP Box 209, Licking, MO 65542 Phone:(573) 674-2211 maintains the overhead electrical easement here.
- Telephone and Internet:
- Telephone and internet services are provided to Lillium Brook by CenturyLink1-800-201-4099. http://www.centurylink.com/ For cell phone service, we recommend US Cellular and for internet, a satellite provider.
- You may not take up occupancy until you provide sewage disposal for your property in the form of either:
- (A.) a septic tank and leach field, or (B.) a commercially manufactured composting toilet system.
- The State of Missouri says that any septic tank and leach field on less than three acres must be installed to Missouri Department of Natural Resources specifications. You can get information on these by speaking to the Health Department in your respective County Seat.
- Since they do not endanger the ground-water, properly operated and maintained composting toilets are not restricted, and thus are permitted at all locations.
- Garbage Disposal:
- Open dumping is illegal in the state of Missouri. Before occupying the property, you must make arrangements with a State-approved garbage collection company
- Propane gas is available from local dealers.
- Mail Delivery:
- Mail is delivered to Lillium Brook on Missouri Highway 137. To establish a mailbox there, contact the postmaster at the Houston Post Office.
- No buildings shall be constructed closer than 100 ft. from a roadway or 30 ft. from a boundary. (This may be adjusted in certain locations.)
Explanation: buildings placed closer can cause situations that interfere with road maintenance and utility transmission.
- No refuse, debris, unused building materials nor derelict vehicles shall be allowed to collect on the premises.
Explanation: piles of junk are not only unsightly, but tend to spread to adjoining vacant parcels. Dead cars and junk make it harder for us to sell adjacent properties, or for you to sell yours.
- You may keep whatever livestock or pets you wish so long as they are not allowed to create a nuisance to neighboring land owners.
Explanation: this probably means that if you want to keep pigs in the most common fashion, you need a parcel of at least 5 acres with a back corner located away from anyone else's home. Lots of barking dogs may also cause you problems depending on the size of your parcel and how you locate your facilities.
- No parcel shall be further subdivided.
Explanation: you may build more than one residence on a single parcel, but you may not deed away a part of the parcel to someone else.
- All wastewater treatment facilities shall be constructed in accordance with applicable state water quality standards.
Explanation: if you plan to construct an in-ground septic system, it must meet state standards. We find that the typical state-approved septic system will cost upwards of $3,000 for labor and materials. Additionally, the state says that any septic system on less than three acres be built to Missouri Department of Natural Resources specifications. Parcels of 5 acres or greater are virtually unrestricted. Since they do not endanger the ground-water, composting toilets are not restricted.
- $100 (estimate)
Building codes and/or permits:
- Texas County does not issue building permits and no building codes are in effect. The County Health Department must approve your septic system.
The property is about an hour and thirty minutes east of Springfield and about an hour south of Rolla. To get there, find Tyrone, MO on Highway Y in Texas County. From there proceed east to the intersection of Highways Y and 137. From there, go one mile north (left) to a gravel drive beside some telephone boxes and several mailboxes on the west (east). You'll follow this driveway across a small spring branch (gently) about 4/10ths-mile to where the road makes a right angle turn to the right, then 600 feet later, another right angle to the left (west). As you drive downhill, you'll see a pink ribbon on a t-post. That marks the southeast corner of the property. We've driven 4 t-posts along the south boundary. From this SW corner, the property runs to your right, north 66i feet and straight ahead, 333 feet.
No Down Payment - Warranty Deed after Six MonthsWelcome to OzarkLand.com where, since 1982, we have dedicated ourselves to making Ozark Mountain land available to anyone who sincerely wants to own it, on a first-come, first-served basis. You don’t need to make a sizeable down payment, or any down payment at all—just start making the monthly payments.
All of the properties we sell are owned by us, free and clear. That means that when we pass title to you, you don't need to worry that some disinterested third party—such as a bank—may own an interest in the property. This is frequently not the case in the real estate world at large.
We give you a Warranty Deed guaranteeing the title—no lease-options, no long-term land contracts, but fee-simple title to the property after only six months' timely payments.
All of the properties featured in our inventory are available to you via our very liberal financing plan. In fact, we’ll finance your whole land purchase with less paperwork and frustration than you'd experience buying a used car, and with no hidden expenses and one low-interest rate that’s remained unchanged since 1982.
We'll set up a contract with you in return for one monthly payment. After six monthly payments, we give you a Warranty Deed to the property, and we hold a Deed of Trust and Quit-Claim Deed as security. We record the deeds at the county courthouse at our expense, and we pay all closing costs.
There are no penalties for pre-payment.
Terms are 9% simple interest for 15 years.
Check out the "How It Works" page for more information.
- 455.41 Bedrooms
- 4490 Bathrooms
- 5.07 acres