Jones Point Parcel E
- 3.32 acres
- Marion County, Arkansas
- $Sold / $
- 303.27 per month
Jones Point Parcel E
- County Development and Occupancy Permits Required
- Grid Electricity Nearby
- No Mobile Homes
This parcel is located on a high, Arkansas ridge just above the thousand-mile shoreline of Bull Shoals Lake and a short hike through the woods (quicker by boat or canoe) to the Jones Point Wildlife Management Area, which is a conservation area maintained by the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission, so suffice it to say that there are all sorts of wild game wandering through the woods hereabouts.
The parcel itself is covered with various species of oak and hickory, as well as lots of eastern red cedar. The parcel fronts on a road that we built to county standards. It was accepted by the county back in 2003, but they only grade the roads, they don’t mow them, and since the road gets virtually no traffic, it doesn’t need to be graded. (It’s hardened with six inches of crushed rock throughout its length.) Expect tall weeds and solid roadbed.
As you walk back through the woods from the access road, the terrain descends into a small hollow, then beyond that, the boundaries open up. This would be the recommended place to build, back in the back; it's a little leveler there, and a whole lot more private, but you’ll need a driveway for that.
The soil is rocky and the topsoil is thin, just like the rest of this area; the terrain is pretty gentle. Theodosia, Missouri, the closest town, is about 12 miles to the north.
- 3.32 acres (estimated)
- JONES POINT ESTATES PARCEL E: as described in the Final Plat of Jones Point Estates recorded on April 23, 2001 in the Marion County Recorder's Office Plat Cabinet at Page 289.
- We will pass Fee Simple Title to the purchaser conveying 100% of the ownership of the property including all timber, mineral and water rights. We own this property free and clear of all tax liens, judgments mortgages or other encumbrances. As purchaser, you are not assuming any existing liens. We will record a Warranty Deed to the property in your name after you have made six monthly payments.
- Access is by Marion Country Road 163, a two-lane gravel road approximately 22 feet wide, which is maintained by Marion County, Arkansas.
- We do not supply water or water systems to any of these properties. Purchasers of these parcels need to arrange to drill their own private water well. For information on drilling procedures, you should contact local well-drillers. Current prices charged by local well-drillers run around $8 per foot to drill and $9-13 per foot to install a 6-inch casing. Arkansas law requires a minimum of 80 feet of casing in all locations and more in some. The estimated cost of a complete well, casing and pump system in this area is $7,500. Permits are not required to drill water wells for single-family dwellings; however, you are required to hire a state-licensed well driller.
- Entergy-Arkansas www.entergy-arkansas.com, 800-368-3749. Electrical hook-up is free to permanent residences; however charges could change at any time.
- Telephone and internet services are provided to Jones Point by CenturyLink, 800-201-4099. http://www.centurylink.com/ For cell phone service, we recommend US Cellular and for internet, a satellite provider.
- We do not provide any means of sewage disposal for these properties. Being in a rural area, the most common methods of sewage disposal are by individual on-site septic tanks, however, composting toilets are permitted.
- Septic systems must be constructed in accordance with County and State standards, and you must obtain permission from the Marion County Health Department - Yellville, 707 Hwy 202, West Yellville, Arkansas, 72687, (870) 449-4259 to install a septic tank. The average cost of a septic tank and drain field is $3,500.
- Propane gas is available from local dealers.
- Mail is delivered to Jones Point on Marion County Road #164. To establish a mailbox there, contact the postmaster at the Theodosia Post Office.
- This Property, if occupied, shall not be used for other than private, single-family residential purposes. No more than one dwelling may be constructed on any parcel. No commercial or business activities are allowed that require additional parking or signage larger than 2 square feet in area.
We support and promote working at home and cottage industry. What we want to avoid is billboards and businesses so large they disturb day-to-day life.
- All homes constructed on the Property shall be complete on their exterior within 180 days from the date construction above the foundation has begun. Accepted homes shall be one of three types:
a. On-site construction of not less than 600 square feet in living area permanently attached to an adequate concrete foundation.
b. A new modular home of not less than 600 square feet in living area permanently attached to an adequate concrete foundation.
c. A new mobile home of not less than 600 square feet in living area permanently attached to an adequate concrete foundation.
An adequate concrete foundation shall be one consisting of poured concrete or mortared concrete block placed in any combination of beams, piers, pilings and/or footings which supports the dwelling sufficiently that no settling greater than one inch in forty lineal feet shall occur. 600 square feet is about as small as houses get. Typically, it would be about the size of a two-car garage.
- Camping for more than thirty days in a twelve-month period is not permitted.
We invite and encourage you to camp on your parcel. We use this restriction because some people will try to circumvent (B) by saying they're "just camping".
- No construction, other than fencing, shall take place within 10 feet of a parcel boundary or within 75 feet of the centerline of the access road easements.
Buildings placed closer can cause situations that interfere with road maintenance and utility transmission.
- No parcel of the Property as the same shall appear on the official plat of Jones Point Estates as recorded at the Marion County Recorder's Office, Yellville, Arkansas, may be further sub-divided.
Jones Point Estates will always consist only of the 17 parcels and will never have any more households than that.
- Waste materials must be kept in closed containers at all times. Parcels must be kept free of refuse, debris, and rubbish. No derelict vehicles may be kept on any parcel unless kept in an enclosed garage. Derelict vehicles are defined as those which EITHER do not run, or are not licensed.
Piles of junk are not only unsightly, but tend to spread to adjoining vacant parcels. Dead cars and junk make it harder for us to sell adjacent properties, or for you to sell yours.
- Any animals kept on this property shall be maintained in such a manner that they do not present a nuisance to owners of neighboring parcels. Kennels and feedlots are not permitted.
This probably means that if you want to keep pigs in the most common fashion, you need a parcel of at least 5 acres with a back corner located away from anyone else's home. Lots of barking dogs may also cause you problems depending on the size of your parcel and how you locate your facilities. We welcome and encourage backyard farming.
- All wastewater treatment facilities shall be constructed in accordance with the engineering report provided by Rose's Land Survey, Mountain Home, Arkansas, and with Arkansas State and Marion County laws. It will be the land-owner's responsibility to assure that such facilities receive proper maintenance as required, and that effluent shall be contained on the individual parcel of origination and handled in such a manner that there will be no violation of the law.
We have already paid for soil engineering, so you don't have to.
Deed restrictions are restrictions on this property which have been recorded with the county, and which will remain in effect even when the property changes hands. This does not mean that our contract, which expires when you no longer owe us money, does not contain certain requirements in addition to these.
- $35 (estimate)
- Marion County requires that prospective occupants obtain both a Development Permit ($100) and an Occupancy Permit ($100). For further instruction, contact the inspector, Ken Rigmaiden 1-770-560-1551
Here, you’re looking at the front gate of Parcel E from inside. Notice the crushed limestone we’ve put on the driveway as well as out on the access road.
Here’s the southwest corner of the parcel. The northwest corner is marked with a rebar and it’s 627 feet north of here.
And here’s the southeast corner showing some of the access road frontage. The northeast corner is 775 feet north of here.
I found these remnants of an old rock wall that once marked the western boundary of the property.
Also along the west boundary, I came upon this huge boulder. It’s about the size of a small car. I don’t suppose it has a lot of utilitarian value, but I thought it interesting.
We’ve made a crushed-limestone driveway from the access road deep into the heart of the property.
This little stream only runs when it's been raining recently.
The driveway takes you down into the heart of the parcel, in this little hollow.
You'll find several nice building spots here.
Driving Directions to Locate Jones Point Parcel E:To get there from Theodosia, take Hwy. 160 to Hwy. P, then follow Hwy. P south to Dugginsville, where it turns to gravel and very soon crosses into Arkansas and becomes Marion County Road 163, follow this until you see Marion County Road 164 break to the left. Take 164 0.8 miles. The road to the parcel will be the first road on your right.
1. These directions are accurate to the best of our knowledge but cannot be guaranteed. Visit this property at your own risk, we are not responsible for accidents.
2. Do not attempt to find this property without taking paper copies of our maps and directions
No Down Payment - Warranty Deed after Six MonthsWelcome to OzarkLand.com where, since 1982, we have dedicated ourselves to making Ozark Mountain land available to anyone who sincerely wants to own it, on a first-come, first-served basis. You don’t need to make a sizeable down payment, or any down payment at all—just start making the monthly payments.
All of the properties we sell are owned by us, free and clear. That means that when we pass title to you, you don't need to worry that some disinterested third party—such as a bank—may own an interest in the property. This is frequently not the case in the real estate world at large.
We give you a Warranty Deed guaranteeing the title—no lease-options, no long-term land contracts, but fee-simple title to the property after only six months' timely payments.
All of the properties featured in our inventory are available to you via our very liberal financing plan. In fact, we’ll finance your whole land purchase with less paperwork and frustration than you'd experience buying a used car, and with no hidden expenses and one low-interest rate that’s remained unchanged since 1982.
We'll set up a contract with you in return for one monthly payment. After six monthly payments, we give you a Warranty Deed to the property, and we hold a Deed of Trust and Quit-Claim Deed as security. We record the deeds at the county courthouse at our expense, and we pay all closing costs.
There are no penalties for pre-payment.
Terms are 9% simple interest for 15 years.
Check out the "How It Works" page for more information.
- 303.27 Bedrooms
- 29900 Bathrooms
- 3.32 acres