Jacks Fork Farmsteads Parcel D
- 5.80 acres
- Texas County, Missouri
- $34,800 / $
- 352.96 per month
Jacks Fork Farmsteads Parcel D
- Grid electricity available
- Private access road
- Drilled well and legal septic required before occupancy
- No mobile homes
The Hay Meadow Parcels: Jacks Fork Farmsteads Parcels C, D, E, and F
These parcels are all quite similar having once encompassed a large hay meadow. They all front on the South Prong of the Jacks Fork River, a year-round creek large enough to have the occasional swimming hole. They are also all primarily open, level ground covered in pasture.
The only outlier is Parcel C, which slopes down to the northwest corner providing easy access to the creek. Accessing the creek from the other parcels requires a steep climb through the very old-growth forest between the creek and the meadow. The meadow is about 50 feet of elevation above the water. (That’s why we reserved a section of the creek downstream with the best swimming hole as greenspace for all the property owners.)
If you’re looking for small acreage, and you want to do some serious cropping or pasturing, then one, or all, of these parcels will probably be the best choice you’ll find on the market (which tends to be mostly woodsland). It would take a decade or two, and lots of seriously hard work to turn five or six acres of forest into such a level, nearly rock-free meadow as these parcels. If this is the place for you, you’ll know it, but you should also bear in mind that if you buy any of these properties, you’ll need to be able to keep five-plus acres mowed at least once a year.
- 5.8 acres fully surveyed and staked
- Jacks Fork Farmsteads Parcel D as shown in the Official Plat of Jacks Fork Farmsteads recorded in the Texas County Survey Record at Book 18, Page 13, Texas County Missouri Recorder's Office.
- We will pass Fee Simple Title to the purchaser conveying 100% of the ownership of the property including all timber, mineral, and water rights. We own this property free and clear of all tax liens, judgments mortgages or other encumbrances. As purchaser, you are not assuming any existing liens. We will record a Warranty Deed to the property in your name after you have made six monthly payments.
- Access from Missouri State Highway 137 is by a single-lane farm road. You should be prepared to maintain this road yourself.
- We do not supply water or water systems to any of these properties. Purchasers of these parcels need to arrange to drill their own private water well. For information on drilling procedures, you should contact local well-drillers. Current prices charged by local well-drillers run around $8 per foot to drill and $9-13 per foot to install a 6-inch casing. Missouri law requires a minimum of 80 feet of casing in all locations and more in some. The estimated cost of a complete well, casing and pump system in this area is $7,500. Permits are not required to drill water wells for single-family dwellings; however, you are required to hire a state-licensed well driller.
- Howell-Oregon Electric Cooperative, West Plains, Missouri, 65775, 417-256-2131 provides electricity to Jacks Fork Farmsteads. Electrical hook-up, for up to 3 poles or roughly 1000 feet, is free of charge to any permanent residence with a drilled well and permanent, concrete foundation or slab of at least 1000 square feet. As of 2019, additional poles would be $1,800 each, each pole being about 300 feet apart. We recommend checking the price with the electric company.
- Telephone and Internet:
- Telephone and internet services are provided to Jacks Fork Farmsteads by CenturyLink, 800-201-4099, http://www.centurylink.com/. For cell phone service, we recommend US Cellular and, for internet, a satellite provider.
- We do not provide any means of sewage disposal for these properties. Being in a rural area, the most common methods of sewage disposal are by individual on-site septic tanks, however, composting toilets are permitted.
- The Missouri Department of Natural Resources has given general approval for this usage of this site for individual sewage treatment systems.
- Septic systems must be constructed in accordance with County and State standards, and you must obtain permission from the Texas County Health Department, 950 N. Highway 63, Houston, Missouri, 65483, 417-967-4131 to install a septic tank. The average cost of a septic tank and drain field is $3,500.
- Propane gas is available from local dealers.
- Mail Delivery:
- Mail is delivered to the Jacks Fork Farmsteads entrance on Missouri State Highway 137. To establish a mailbox there, contact the postmaster at Willow Springs Post Office.
- This Property, if occupied, shall not be used for other than farming and single-family residential purposes. No more than one dwelling may be placed on any parcel.
This does not exclude bed-and-breakfast establishments, home businesses that do not require on-site advertising, or attached multi-generation housing.
- Mobile homes are not permitted. All other homes of any size, any type, any style or any construction may be placed on the property so long as the following items have been installed prior to the beginning of construction:
a. A drilled well meeting State standards.
b. A State-compliant septic system, such as a septic tank, or composting system, excepting sewage lagoons, which are not permitted.
c. Perimeter fencing of all unfenced boundaries, Fences must be constructed of minimum 3-inch steel-tube welded corners, "t"-posts and any choice of barbed or woven wire. Where the actual perimeter can not or should not be fenced, modifications may be made by agreement with the Owners. Here is an example:
- Camping for more than 21 days in a twelve-month period is not permitted.
This does not include living temporarily on the parcel when a home is under construction.
- No construction, other than fencing, shall take place within the boundaries of building setbacks and utility easements as defined in the Official Plat of Jack's Fork Farmsteads. No flags, banners or signs other than signs to identify the owner and/or address of the parcel, or signs advertising the parcel for sale, are permitted between the building setbacks and the road. Fences must not encroach upon the road easements, which extend 25 feet from the road centerline.
- No parcel of the Property as the same shall appear on the Official Plat of Jack's Fork Farmsteads may be further subdivided.
- Waste materials must be kept in closed containers at all times and removed from the property regularly. Parcels must be kept free of refuse, debris, and rubbish, and the burying of refuse, debris or rubbish is not permitted.
- Any animals kept on this property shall be maintained in such a manner that they do not present a nuisance to owners of neighboring properties. Feedlots are not permitted.
- All wastewater treatment facilities, whether septic system or composting system, must be constructed in accordance with all federal, state and local standards. Sewage lagoons are not permitted.
You can get the specifics from the Texas County Health Department.
- $150 (estimated)
Building codes and/or permits:
- Texas County does not issue building permits and no building codes are in effect. The County Health Department must approve your septic system.
Driving Directions to Locate Jacks Fork Farmstead Parcel DFrom Willow Springs, drive north on State Highway 137 exactly 9.0 miles after you pass the city limits, the property begins on your left. Just before the highway begins it’s long downgrade to the Jacks Fork, you'll see the entrance to Jacks Fork Farmsteads your left. There’s a small sign, so you’ll know you have the right place. Follow this road just past the black double gates. Once you've passed through the double gates, follow the road to the bottom of the hill. Immediately after you cross the creek on the low-water bridge, the road forks. Take the left fork up to the top of the hill, where you take the right fork, then the road goes downhill and bends to the left (west). Parcel F begins in the middle of the second pond on the right, and Parcel E includes the big shade tree and a grove of smaller trees, Parcel D starts at a post in a pile of large rocks, and Parcel C ends with a fully fenced west line. All of these are on the right, or north, side of the road. We’ve placed “T” posts where each front corner meets the road. Disclaimer: These directions are accurate to the best of our knowledge but cannot be guaranteed. Visit this property at your own risk, we are not responsible for accidents.
CLICK HERE TO BUY THIS PARCEL
- 352.96 Bedrooms
- 34800 Bathrooms
- 5.80 acres