Zach’s Mountain Parcel 3
- 4.54 acres
- Ozark County, Missouri
- $Sold / $
- 262.70 per month
Zach’s Mountain Parcel 3
If you’re in pretty good health, you could even walk the four miles to Gainesville, where you’ll find the Ozark County Courthouse, a bank, hardware, and grocery stores, and a motel/restaurant that produces one truly righteous pizza as well as a bunch of other stuff that you should investigate for yourself.
Both Bull Shoals Lake and Lake Norfork are just a short drive away, as is the Mark Twain National Forest and the Caney Mountain Conservation Area.
- 5.45 fully surveyed acres
- Zach's Mountain Tract 3: as shown on the Official Plat of Zach's Mountain recorded in the office of Ozark County Recorder, Gainesville, Mo at Cabinet A, Page 119. Section 34, Township 23, Range 14
- We will pass Fee Simple Title to the purchaser conveying 100% of the ownership of the property including all timber, mineral, and water rights. We own this property free and clear of all tax liens, judgments mortgages, or other encumbrances. As purchaser, you are not assuming any existing liens. We will record a Warranty Deed to the property in your name after you have made six monthly payments.
- Access is by private roads built to county standards off of Ozark County Road 5-803-D. Easements have been recorded for the road systems which are described as 40-foot-wide rights-of-way for access. Interior roads are cleared 40 feet in width with approximately 20 feet of wearing surface comprising 2 driving lanes. We will be responsible for your share of the maintenance costs of these roads until January 1, 2021 or acceptance by the Ozark County Commission.
- We do not supply water or water systems to any of these properties. Purchasers of these parcels need to arrange to drill their own private water well. For information on drilling procedures, you should contact local well-drillers. Current prices charged by local well-drillers run around $8 per foot to drill and $9-13 per foot to install a 6-inch casing.
- Missouri law requires a minimum of 80 feet of casing in all locations and more in some. The estimated cost of a complete well, casing and pump system in this area is $7,500. Permits are not required to drill water wells for single-family dwellings; however, you are required to hire a state-licensed well driller.
- Electric service for Zach's Mountain comes from White River Valley Electric Cooperative, Gainesville, Missouri, 65655, 417-335-9333.
- Telephone and Internet:
- Telephone and internet services are provided to Zach's Mountain by CenturyLink, 800-201-4099. http://www.centurylink.com/
- We do not provide any means of sewage disposal for these properties. Being in a rural area, the most common methods of sewage disposal are by individual on-site septic tanks and composting toilets.
- The Missouri Department of Natural Resources has given general approval for this usage of this site for individual sewage treatment systems.
- In-ground septic systems must be constructed in accordance with County and State standards, and you must obtain permission from the Ozark County Health Department, 370 Third St, Gainesville, MO 65655, (417) 679-3334 to install a septic tank. The average cost of a septic tank and drain field is approximately $3500. Composting toilets are available for from under $1,000 to more than $3,000 according to your tastes.
- Propane gas is available from local dealers.
- Mail Delivery:
- Mail is delivered to Zach's Mountain on CR 803-A. To establish a mailbox there, contact the postmaster at the Theodosia Post Office.
Here’s a summary of the six deed restrictions on the property.
- No buildings shall be constructed closer than 100 ft. from a roadway or 30 ft. from a boundary. (This may be adjusted in certain locations.)
Explanation: buildings placed closer can cause situations that interfere with road maintenance and utility transmission.
- No refuse, debris, unused building materials nor derelict vehicles shall be allowed to collect on the premises.
Explanation: piles of junk are not only unsightly, but tend to spread to adjoining vacant parcels. Dead cars and junk make it harder for us to sell adjacent properties, or for you to sell yours.
- You may keep whatever livestock or pets you wish so long as they are not allowed to create a nuisance to neighboring landowners.
Explanation: this probably means that if you want to keep pigs in the most common fashion, you need a parcel of at least 5 acres with a back corner located away from anyone else's home. Lots of barking dogs may also cause you problems depending on the size of your parcel and how you locate your facilities.
- No parcel shall be further subdivided.
Explanation: you may build more than one residence on a single parcel, but you may not deed away a part of the parcel to someone else.
- All wastewater treatment facilities shall be constructed in accordance with applicable state water quality standards.
Explanation: if you plan to construct an in-ground septic system, it must meet state standards. We find that the typical state-approved septic system will cost upwards of $3,000 for labor and materials. Additionally, the state says that any septic system on less than three acres be built to Missouri Department of Natural Resources specifications. Parcels of 5 acres or greater are virtually unrestricted. Since they do not endanger the ground-water, composting toilets are not restricted.
- No mobile homes.
- $250.00 (estimate)
Building codes and/or permits:
- Ozark County does not issue building permits and no building codes are in effect. The County Health Department must approve your septic system.
- 262.70 Bedrooms
- 25900 Bathrooms
- 4.54 acres