Shady Ridge Parcel 3
- 5.51 acres
- Texas County, Missouri
- $Sold / $
- 303.27 per month
Shady Ridge Parcel 3
- 4WD Access
- Off Grid
- No Mobile Homes
This remote property is covered with big oaks and hickories, and we know from personal experience that it hasn’t been timbered in over fifty years. It’s a little hard to get into, being about two miles from pavement, but when you finally climb the last rocky slope into the parcel, it’s nothing but verdant forest serenity; 5.51 fully-surveyed acres of it, in fact. It’s a mountaintop of big trees that, we hope, reminds you of the long-term investment value of forested land. Own it and it only matures; you don’t have to do anything at all; it gets more valuable with each passing month.
This property has minimal restrictions. Both Willow Springs and Cabool, Missouri are about 14 miles away.
- 5.51 acres fully surveyed
- SHADY RIDGE PARCEL 3: All that part of the West Half of the East Half of the Northeast Quarter of the Northwest Quarter of the Southeast Quarter, and of the West Half of the Northeast Quarter of the Northwest Quarter of the Southeast Quarter of Section 9 Township 28 North, Range 9 West lying east of the center-line of the access road thereon.
- We will pass Fee Simple Title to the purchaser conveying 100% of the ownership of the property including all timber, mineral and water rights. We own this property free and clear of all tax liens, judgments mortgages or other encumbrances. As a purchaser, you are not assuming any existing liens. We will record a Warranty Deed to the property in your name after you have made six monthly payments.
- Access via deeded easement from Rainbow Drive (Texas County) to the property.
- We do not supply water or water systems to any of these properties. Purchasers of these parcels need to arrange to drill their own private water well. For information on drilling procedures you should contact local well-drillers. Current prices charged by local well-drillers run around $8 per foot to drill and $9-13 per foot to install a 6-inch casing. Missouri law requires a minimum of 80 feet of casing in all locations and more in some. The estimated cost of a complete well, casing and pump system in this area is $7,500.Permits are not required to drill water wells for single-family dwellings; however, you are required to hire a state-licensed well-driller.
- This parcel is off-grid: that is, electrical service has not been extended to the property. The nearest electrical line is some distance away, and it would be more practical to provide your own electricity via wind or solar means. However, commercial electricity is provided to the area by:HOWELL-OREGON ELECTRIC CO-OP www.hoecoop.org 6327 N US Hwy 63 West Plains, MO 65775 (888)HOE-POWER (1-888-463-7693)
- Telephone and Internet:
- Telephone and internet services are provided to Shady Ridge by CenturyLink 1-800-201-4099.http://www.centurylink.com/
- We do not provide any means of sewage disposal for these properties. Being in a rural area, the most common methods of sewage disposal are by individual on-site septic tanks, however composting toilets are permitted.
- The Missouri Department of Natural Resources has given general approval for this usage of this site for individual sewage treatment systems.
- Septic systems must be constructed in accordance with County and State standards, and you must obtain permission from the Texas County Health Department, 950 N. Highway 63, Houston, MO 65483, (417) 967-4131 to install a septic tank. The average cost of a septic tank and drain field is $3500.
- Propane gas is available from local dealers.
- Mail Delivery:
- Mail is delivered to Shady Ridge on Rainbow Drive. To establish a mailbox there, contact the postmaster at Cabool Post Office.
These five restrictions apply to all of our older locations.
- No buildings shall be constructed closer than 100 ft. from a roadway or 30 ft. from a boundary. (This may be adjusted in certain locations.)
Explanation: buildings placed closer can cause situations that interfere with road maintenance and utility transmission.
- No refuse, debris, unused building materials nor derelict vehicles shall be allowed to collect on the premises.
Explanation: piles of junk are not only unsightly, but tend to spread to adjoining vacant parcels. Dead cars and junk make it harder for us to sell adjacent properties, or for you to sell yours.
- You may keep whatever livestock or pets you wish so long as they are not allowed to create a nuisance to neighboring land owners.
Explanation: this probably means that if you want to keep pigs in the most common fashion, you need a parcel of at least 5 acres with a back corner located away from anyone else's home. Lots of barking dogs may also cause you problems depending on the size of your parcel and how you locate your facilities.
- No parcel shall be further subdivided.
Explanation: you may build more than one residence on a single parcel, but you may not deed away a part of the parcel to someone else.
- All wastewater treatment facilities shall be constructed in accordance with applicable state water quality standards.
Explanation: if you plan to construct an in-ground septic system, it must meet state standards. We find that the typical state-approved septic system will cost upwards of $3,000 for labor and materials. Additionally, the state says that any septic system on less than three acres be built to Missouri Department of Natural Resources specifications. Parcels of 5 acres or greater are virtually unrestricted. Since they do not endanger the ground-water, composting toilets are not restricted.
- $75 (estimate)
Building codes and/or permits:
- Texas County does not issue building permits and no building codes are in effect. The County Health Department must approve your septic system
Disclaimers: 1. These directions are accurate to the best of our knowledge but cannot be guaranteed. Visit this property at your own risk, we are not responsible for accidents. 2. We get the GPS coordinates from Google Earth. The likelihood of them being absolutely correct is minimal. Therefore... 3. Do not attempt to find this property without taking paper copies of our maps and directions.
No Down Payment - Warranty Deed after Six MonthsWelcome to OzarkLand.com where, since 1982, we have dedicated ourselves to making Ozark Mountain land available to anyone who sincerely wants to own it, on a first-come, first-served basis. You don’t need to make a sizeable down payment, or any down payment at all—just start making the monthly payments.
All of the properties we sell are owned by us, free and clear. That means that when we pass title to you, you don't need to worry that some disinterested third party—such as a bank—may own an interest in the property. This is frequently not the case in the real estate world at large.
We give you a Warranty Deed guaranteeing the title—no lease-options, no long-term land contracts, but fee-simple title to the property after only six months' timely payments.
All of the properties featured in our inventory are available to you via our very liberal financing plan. In fact, we’ll finance your whole land purchase with less paperwork and frustration than you'd experience buying a used car, and with no hidden expenses and one low-interest rate that’s remained unchanged since 1982.
We'll set up a contract with you in return for one monthly payment. After six monthly payments, we give you a Warranty Deed to the property, and we hold a Deed of Trust and Quit-Claim Deed as security. We record the deeds at the county courthouse at our expense, and we pay all closing costs.
There are no penalties for pre-payment.
Terms are 9% simple interest for 15 years.
Check out the "How It Works" page for more information.
- 303.27 Bedrooms
- 29900 Bathrooms
- 5.51 acres