Ozark Divide Parcel D
- 8.65 acres
- Texas County, Missouri
- $46,900 / $
- 475.69 per month
Ozark Divide Parcel D
- Crushed limestone driveway
- Lockable gate
- No mobile homes
These properties each feature a driveway covered with crushed limestone making it easy to install a portable cabin and providing a dry, water-resistant path between the level, cleared, building site and the 16-foot steel front gate mounted on steel sidebars. All you need is a water source and a composting toilet, and you can be living there in a weekend.*
Parcel D is covered with a mature forest of oak, hickory, and black cherry. It’s 535 feet wide by over 700 feet deep. Although you can’t really tell it for the trees, this is one of the highest points in the county at around 1,450 feet above sea level, so cell phone reception is better than most places in this area. On the north side, opposite the access road, is a recently cleared area that can be improved into pasture or meadow.
The layer of crushed limestone we applied to the road will harden and level the surface and shed water. This will make it much easier to maintain over time than bare gravel. The terrain of the parcel goes from high ground up along the access road, down to the valley at the end of the drive, so naturally, you can expect that the ground is hilly and steep in places. The driveway, however, is pretty level.
Under the topic of cute things of little value, there’s a tiny pond near the entrance gate that was built years before modern machinery.
Although there’s room to do a number of things, this parcel is typical wild and rugged Ozark terrain, even though you can drive a regular passenger car right to the heart of it.
Cabool, Missouri, is 14 miles east, and Houston, Missouri (the county seat) is 16 miles to the north.
- 8.65 Acres Surveryed and Staked
- Ozark Divide Parcel D: as shown on the Official Plat of Ozark Divide recorded in the Office of the Texas County Recorder, Houston, MO, Survey Book 2019S, Page 34, Instrument Number 201900034, all in Section 27, Township 29 North, Range 9 West.
- We will pass Fee Simple Title to the purchaser conveying 100% of the ownership of the property including all timber, mineral and water rights. We own this property free and clear of all tax liens, judgments mortgages or other encumbrances. As purchaser, you are not assuming any existing liens. We will record a Warranty Deed to the property in your name after you have made six monthly payments.
- The Ozark Divide Properties are accessed by Missouri State Highway Y, a two-lane asphalt highway 22 feet in width. Individual parcels are accessed by an unpaved rock-hardened roadway of one and two lanes.
- We do not supply water or water systems to any of these properties. Purchasers of these parcels need to arrange to drill their own private water well. For information on drilling procedures you should contact local well-drillers. Current prices charged by local well-drillers run around $8 per foot to drill and $9-13 per foot to install a 6-inch casing. Missouri law requires a minimum of 80 feet of casing in all locations and more in some. The estimated cost of a complete well, casing and pump system in this area is $7,500.Permits are not required to drill water wells for single-family dwellings; however, you are required to hire a state-licensed well-driller.
- This parcel is off-grid. That is, electrical service has not been extended to the property. Commercial electricity is provided to the area by: Intercounty Electric Co-op, Licking, MIssouri, but lines have not been extended to the parcels. Intercounty charges 8 dollars per foot to extend electricity making them less competitive of private solar or wind installations.
- Telephone and Internet:
- Telephone and internet services are provided to Ozark Divide by CenturyLink1-800-201-4099. http://www.centurylink.com/ For cell phone service, we recommend US Cellular and for internet, a satellite provider.
- We do not provide any means of sewage disposal for these properties. Being in a rural area, the most common methods of sewage disposal are by individual on-site septic tanks and composting toilets.
- The Missouri Department of Natural Resources has given general approval for this usage of this site for individual sewage treatment systems.
- In-ground septic systems must be constructed in accordance with County and State standards, and you must obtain permission from the Texas County Health Department to install a septic tank. The average cost of a septic tank and drain field is approximately $3500. Composting toilets are available from under $1,000 to more than $3,000 according to your tastes.
- Garbage Disposal:
- Open dumping is illegal in the state of Missouri. Before occupying the property, you must make arrangements with a State-approved garbage collection company
- Propane gas is available from local dealers.
- Mail Delivery:
- Mail is delivered to Ozark Divide on Missouri Highway Y. To establish a mailbox there, contact the postmaster at the Cabool Post Office.
- No buildings shall be constructed within 100 feet of the centerline of the access road easement or within 30 ft. from a boundary.
- No refuse, debris, garbage, trash, unused building materials, old tires, or non-functioning vehicles shall be allowed to collect on the premises.
- You may keep whatever livestock or pets you wish so long as they are not allowed to create a nuisance to neighboring landowners, and are maintained in a healthy and humane manner.
- No parcel shall be further subdivided.
Deed restrictions are restrictions on this property which have been recorded with the county, and which will remain in effect even when the property changes hands. This does not mean that our contract, which expires when you no longer owe us money, does not contain certain requirements in addition to these.
- $100 (estimate)
Building codes and/or permits:
- Texas County does not issue building permits and no building codes are in effect. The County Health Department must approve your septic system.
From Cabool, Missouri drive north on Highway 63 in 5 miles, turn right on State Highway H, Follow H through Elk Creek 7.5 miles to State Highway Y where you turn right again. Follow Y 1.7 miles to a broad driveway covered with white chat on your right. Follow this road back a bit more than 4/10 of a mile to the third locked green gate. Walk around the gate and explore the property to your heart’s content.
CLICK HERE TO BUY THIS PARCEL
- 475.69 Bedrooms
- 46900 Bathrooms
- 8.65 acres