Ozark Divide Parcel C
- 5.30 acres
- Texas County, Missouri
- $Sold / $
- 303.27 per month
Ozark Divide Parcel C
- Two-wheel-drive access; hardened driveway
- Lockable gate
- No mobile homes
This is one of only two parcels at the Ozark Divide Properties which has ground on both sides of the Divide. Rain falling on these properties runs both north and south depending on where you’re standing.
That means, among other (perhaps less theoretical) concerns, this property is higher than most in this area, and cell phone service is much better than what is typical.
The property features a driveway covered with crushed limestone making it easy to install a portable cabin and providing a dry, water-resistant path between the level, cleared, building site and the 16-foot steel front gate mounted on steel sidebars. You could provide a water source and a composting toilet, and be living there in a weekend*.
The property is covered with mature oak and red cedar forest. Although you can’t tell it for the trees, this is one of the highest points in the county at around 1,480 feet above sea level. On the north side, opposite the access road, is a recently cleared area that can be improved into pasture or meadow. We’ve also built a small stock pond in that area.
Cabool, Missouri, is 14 miles east, and Houston, Missouri, the county seat, is 16 miles north.
*You are not required to drill a well at the Ozark Divide Properties (as you are at our Jacks Fork Farmsteads properties), but we would advise you that living without a well is more of a hardship than many people suppose. It would be wise of you to contemplate drilling a well as soon after moving to the property as possible.
Building codes and/or permits:
- 5.30 Acres Surveryed and Staked
- Ozark Divide Parcel C: as shown on the Official Plat of Ozark Divide recorded in the Office of the Texas County Recorder, Houston, MO, Survey Book 2019S, Page 34, Instrument Number 201900034, all in Section 27, Township 29 North, Range 9 West.
- We will pass Fee Simple Title to the purchaser conveying 100% of the ownership of the property including all timber, mineral and water rights. We own this property free and clear of all tax liens, judgments mortgages or other encumbrances. As purchaser, you are not assuming any existing liens. We will record a Warranty Deed to the property in your name after you have made six monthly payments.
- The Ozark Divide Properties are accessed by Missouri State Highway Y, a two-lane asphalt highway 22 feet in width. Individual parcels are accessed by an unpaved rock-hardened roadway of one and two lanes.
- We do not supply water or water systems to any of these properties. Purchasers of these parcels need to arrange to drill their own private water well. For information on drilling procedures you should contact local well-drillers. Current prices charged by local well-drillers run around $8 per foot to drill and $9-13 per foot to install a 6-inch casing. Missouri law requires a minimum of 80 feet of casing in all locations and more in some. The estimated cost of a complete well, casing and pump system in this area is $7,500.Permits are not required to drill water wells for single-family dwellings; however, you are required to hire a state-licensed well-driller.
- This parcel is off-grid. That is, electrical service has not been extended to the property. Commercial electricity is provided to the area by: Intercounty Electric Co-op, Licking, MIssouri, but lines have not been extended to the parcels. Intercounty charges 8 dollars per foot to extend electricity making them less competitive of private solar or wind installations.
- Telephone and Internet:
- Telephone and internet services are provided to Ozark Divide by CenturyLink1-800-201-4099. http://www.centurylink.com/ For cell phone service, we recommend US Cellular and for internet, a satellite provider.
- We do not provide any means of sewage disposal for these properties. Being in a rural area, the most common methods of sewage disposal are by individual on-site septic tanks and composting toilets.
- The Missouri Department of Natural Resources has given general approval for this usage of this site for individual sewage treatment systems.
- In-ground septic systems must be constructed in accordance with County and State standards, and you must obtain permission from the Texas County Health Department to install a septic tank. The average cost of a septic tank and drain field is approximately $3500. Composting toilets are available from under $1,000 to more than $3,000 according to your tastes.
- Garbage Disposal:
- Open dumping is illegal in the state of Missouri. Before occupying the property, you must make arrangements with a State-approved garbage collection company
- Propane gas is available from local dealers.
- Mail Delivery:
- Mail is delivered to Ozark Divide on Missouri Highway Y. To establish a mailbox there, contact the postmaster at the Cabool Post Office.
- No buildings shall be constructed within 100 feet of the centerline of the access road easement or within 30 ft. from a boundary.
- No refuse, debris, garbage, trash, unused building materials, old tires, or non-functioning vehicles shall be allowed to collect on the premises.
- You may keep whatever livestock or pets you wish so long as they are not allowed to create a nuisance to neighboring landowners, and are maintained in a healthy and humane manner.
- No parcel shall be further subdivided.
- $100 (estimate)
Building codes and/or permits:
- Texas County does not issue building permits and no building codes are in effect. The County Health Department must approve your septic system.
From Cabool, Missouri drive north on Highway 63 in 5 miles, turn right on State Highway H, Follow H through Elk Creek 7.5 miles to State Highway Y where you turn right again. Follow Y 1.7 miles to a broad driveway covered with white chat on your right. Follow this road back a bit more than 3/10 of a mile to the second locked green gate. Walk around the gate and explore the property to your heart’s content.
No Down Payment - Warranty Deed after Six MonthsWelcome to OzarkLand.com where, since 1982, we have dedicated ourselves to making Ozark Mountain land available to anyone who sincerely wants to own it, on a first-come, first-served basis. You don’t need to make a sizeable down payment, or any down payment at all—just start making the monthly payments.
All of the properties we sell are owned by us, free and clear. That means that when we pass title to you, you don't need to worry that some disinterested third party—such as a bank—may own an interest in the property. This is frequently not the case in the real estate world at large.
We give you a Warranty Deed guaranteeing the title—no lease-options, no long-term land contracts, but fee-simple title to the property after only six months' timely payments.
All of the properties featured in our inventory are available to you via our very liberal financing plan. In fact, we’ll finance your whole land purchase with less paperwork and frustration than you'd experience buying a used car, and with no hidden expenses and one low-interest rate that’s remained unchanged since 1982.
We'll set up a contract with you in return for one monthly payment. After six monthly payments, we give you a Warranty Deed to the property, and we hold a Deed of Trust and Quit-Claim Deed as security. We record the deeds at the county courthouse at our expense, and we pay all closing costs.
There are no penalties for pre-payment.
Terms are 9% simple interest for 15 years.
Check out the "How It Works" page for more information.
- 303.27 Bedrooms
- 29900 Bathrooms
- 5.30 acres