Mooney Branch Parcel K
- 1.82 acres
- Texas County, Missouri
- $Sold / $
- 161.27 per month
Mooney Branch Parcel K
- Grid Electricity
- County Road Access
- No Mobile Homes
Several years ago, we sold this property to some truly horrid people who proceeded to create such a mess there that we now require buyers to receive written approval from us before moving to their parcel. (Don’t worry, if your home’s never been raided by the county health department, it probably won’t be a problem.) Anyway, some people just seem to be magnets for junk, and in a breathtakingly short time, they had scattered so much of it around that now, some years later, it’s taken us weeks to clean it all up, and frankly we didn’t get every last bit, as you may see in some of the photos we’ve put online.
Other than that, this is one dandy little parcel of land. It’s a fully-surveyed 1.82 acres of rolling terrain covered with oaks and pines. It has 222 feet of frontage on a well-maintained county road 11 miles outside of Licking, Missouri, and it’s over 500 feet deep. There’s an electric pole already on the property and land-line telephone in the ground. Perhaps best of all, the property is inside the boundaries of the Mark Twain National Forest and about a quarter-mile from the parcel lies several thousand contiguous acres of government land for you to hunt, fish, explore, or get lost in, including miles of the storied Big Piney River.
- 1.82 acres fully surveyed
- MOONEY BRANCH PARCEL K: All of the North Half of the Southwest Quarter of the Southeast Quarter of the Northeast Quarter of the Northwest Quarter and, all that part of the North Half of the Southeast Quarter of the Southwest Quarter of the Northeast Quarter of the Northwest Quarter of Section 12, Township 33 North, Range 10 West lying east of Texas Tower Road.
- We will pass Fee Simple Title to the purchaser conveying 100% of the ownership of the property including all timber, mineral and water rights. We own this property free and clear of all tax liens, judgments mortgages or other encumbrances. As purchaser, you are not assuming any existing liens. We will record a Warranty Deed to the property in your name after you have made six monthly payments.
- Parcel K fronts on Texas Tower Road (county road).
- We do not supply water or water systems to any of these properties. Purchasers of these parcels need to arrange to drill their own private water well. For information on drilling procedures, you should contact local well-drillers. Although impossible to predict, most well depths in this area seem to run between 300 and 400 feet deep; The estimated cost of a complete well, casing and pump system in the neighborhood or $7,500. Permits are not required to drill water wells for single-family dwellings; however, you are required to hire a state-licensed well-driller.
- Electricity has been extended to the property.
- Telephone and Internet:
- Telephone landline has been extended to the property. Internet services are provided to Mooney Branch by CenturyLink 800-201-4099.http://www.centurylink.com/
- We do not provide any means of sewage disposal for these properties. Being in a rural area, the most common methods of sewage disposal are by individual on-site septic tanks, however, composting toilets are permitted.
- The Missouri Department of Natural Resources has given general approval for this usage of this site for individual sewage treatment systems.
- Septic systems must be constructed in accordance with County and State standards, and you must obtain permission from the Texas County Health Department, 950 N. Highway 63, Houston, Missouri, 65483, 417-967-4131 to install a septic tank. The average cost of a septic tank and drain field is $3,500.
- Propane gas is available from local dealers.
- Mail Delivery:
- Mail is delivered to Mooney Branch on Texas Tower Rd. To establish a mailbox there, contact the postmaster at the Licking Post Office.
These five restrictions apply to all of our older locations.
- No buildings shall be constructed closer than 100 ft. from a roadway or 30 ft. from a boundary. (This may be adjusted in certain locations.)
Explanation: buildings placed closer can cause situations that interfere with road maintenance and utility transmission.
- No refuse, debris, unused building materials nor derelict vehicles shall be allowed to collect on the premises.
Explanation: piles of junk are not only unsightly but tend to spread to adjoining vacant parcels. Dead cars and junk make it harder for us to sell adjacent properties, or for you to sell yours.
- You may keep whatever livestock or pets you wish so long as they are not allowed to create a nuisance to neighboring landowners.
Explanation: this probably means that if you want to keep pigs in the most common fashion, you need a parcel of at least 5 acres with a back corner located away from anyone else's home. Lots of barking dogs may also cause you problems depending on the size of your parcel and how you locate your facilities.
- No parcel shall be further subdivided.
Explanation: you may build more than one residence on a single parcel, but you may not deed away a part of the parcel to someone else.
- All wastewater treatment facilities shall be constructed in accordance with applicable state water quality standards.
Explanation: if you plan to construct an in-ground septic system, it must meet state standards. We find that the typical state-approved septic system will cost upwards of $3,000 for labor and materials. Additionally, the state says that any septic system on less than three acres be built to Missouri Department of Natural Resources specifications. Parcels of 5 acres or greater are virtually unrestricted. Since they do not endanger the ground-water, composting toilets are not restricted.
- $25 (estimate)
Building codes and/or permits:
- Texas County does not issue building permits and no building codes are in effect. The County Health Department must approve your septic system
No Down Payment - Warranty Deed after Six MonthsWelcome to OzarkLand.com where, since 1982, we have dedicated ourselves to making Ozark Mountain land available to anyone who sincerely wants to own it, on a first-come, first-served basis. You don’t need to make a sizeable down payment, or any down payment at all—just start making the monthly payments.
All of the properties we sell are owned by us, free and clear. That means that when we pass title to you, you don't need to worry that some disinterested third party—such as a bank—may own an interest in the property. This is frequently not the case in the real estate world at large.
We give you a Warranty Deed guaranteeing the title—no lease-options, no long-term land contracts, but fee-simple title to the property after only six months' timely payments.
All of the properties featured in our inventory are available to you via our very liberal financing plan. In fact, we’ll finance your whole land purchase with less paperwork and frustration than you'd experience buying a used car, and with no hidden expenses and one low-interest rate that’s remained unchanged since 1982.
We'll set up a contract with you in return for one monthly payment. After six monthly payments, we give you a Warranty Deed to the property, and we hold a Deed of Trust and Quit-Claim Deed as security. We record the deeds at the county courthouse at our expense, and we pay all closing costs.
There are no penalties for pre-payment.
Terms are 9% simple interest for 15 years.
Check out the "How It Works" page for more information.
- 161.27 Bedrooms
- 15900 Bathrooms
- 1.82 acres