Lillium Brook Parcel H
- 2.53 acres
- Texas County, Missouri
- $Sold / $
- 232.27 per month
Lillium Brook Parcel H
- Grid Electric and Phone
- Small Creek
- Easy Access
- No Mobile Homes
Fifty years ago, this parcel was a field that was allowed to go to seed. Since then, a lush growth of eastern red cedars completely covered the property with foliage so dense that almost no sun was reaching the ground. Too thick to walk through; too thick to do much of anything. We have recently bulldozed about a third of that vegetation and planted grass in the hope of providing a good place for you to locate a portable cabin or larger home. We also graded a driveway into the parcel and covered it with crushed limestone.
There’s a small creek that runs through the back (west) side of the parcel. This creek is still in that dense forestation, but we’ve chainsawed out a path from the bulldozed clearing back to the creek. While the creek isn’t large, perhaps six feet wide on average, it can flood out of its banks during very heavy rains, so we wouldn’t recommend locating a building in the low, level area where the powerline crosses the property. 95% of the cleared area is flood-proof.
The driveway takes you in about 400 feet to a point where we opened up an area near the middle of the parcel. Here you can locate your dwelling out of sight of the access road, on a sunny western slope, where you can enjoy as much privacy as possible.
As I type these words, the grass we seeded on the open ground is just starting to germinate, so the property may look a good deal greener when you see it than what these photos suggest.
- 2.53 Acres
- LILLIUM BROOK PARCEL H: All of the South Half of the North Half of the Southwest Quarter of the Northwest Quarter of the Southwest Quarter of Section 5, Township 29 North, Range 8 West
- We will pass Fee Simple Title to the purchaser conveying 100% of the ownership of the property including all timber, mineral and water rights. We own this property free and clear of all tax liens, judgments mortgages or other encumbrances. As a purchaser, you are not assuming any existing liens. We will record a Warranty Deed to the property in your name after you have made six monthly payments.
- Access via deeded easement from Missouri Hwy. 137.
- We do not supply water or water systems to any of these properties. Purchasers of these parcels need to arrange to drill their own private water well. For information on drilling procedures you should contact local well-drillers. Current prices charged by local well-drillers run around $8 per foot to drill and $9-13 per foot to install a 6-inch casing. Missouri law requires a minimum of 80 feet of casing in all locations and more in some. The estimated cost of a complete well, casing and pump system in this area is $7,500. Permits are not required to drill water wells for single-family dwellings; however, you are required to hire a state-licensed well-driller.
- Electrical service is adjacent to the property. Commercial electricity is provided to the area by: Intercounty Electric Cooperative in Licking, MO, 1-866-621-3679. Check with Intercounty for their latest policy on extending power.
- Telephone and Internet:
- Telephone and internet services are provided to Lillium Brook by CenturyLink 1-800-201-4099.http://www.centurylink.com/
- We do not provide any means of sewage disposal for these properties. Being in a rural area, the most common methods of sewage disposal are by individual on-site septic tanks, however composting toilets are permitted.
- The Missouri Department of Natural Resources has given general approval for this usage of this site for individual sewage treatment systems.
- Septic systems must be constructed in accordance with County and State standards, and you must obtain permission from the Texas County Health Department, 950 N. Highway 63, Houston, MO 65483, (417) 967-4131 to install a septic tank. The average cost of a septic tank and drain field is $3500.
- Propane gas is available from local dealers.
- Mail Delivery:
- Mail is delivered to Lillium Brook on Highway 137. To establish a mailbox there, contact the postmaster at the Houston, Missouri Post Office.
These five restrictions apply to all of our older locations.
- No buildings shall be constructed closer than 100 ft. from a roadway or 30 ft. from a boundary. (This may be adjusted in certain locations.)
Explanation: buildings placed closer can cause situations that interfere with road maintenance and utility transmission.
- No refuse, debris, unused building materials nor derelict vehicles shall be allowed to collect on the premises.
Explanation: piles of junk are not only unsightly, but tend to spread to adjoining vacant parcels. Dead cars and junk make it harder for us to sell adjacent properties, or for you to sell yours.
- You may keep whatever livestock or pets you wish so long as they are not allowed to create a nuisance to neighboring landowners.
Explanation: this probably means that if you want to keep pigs in the most common fashion, you need a parcel of at least 5 acres with a back corner located away from anyone else's home. Lots of barking dogs may also cause you problems depending on the size of your parcel and how you locate your facilities.
- No parcel shall be further subdivided.
Explanation: you may build more than one residence on a single parcel, but you may not deed away a part of the parcel to someone else.
- All wastewater treatment facilities shall be constructed in accordance with applicable state water quality standards.
Explanation: if you plan to construct an in-ground septic system, it must meet state standards. We find that the typical state-approved septic system will cost upwards of $3,000 for labor and materials. Additionally, the state says that any septic system on less than three acres be built to Missouri Department of Natural Resources specifications. Parcels of 5 acres or greater are virtually unrestricted. Since they do not endanger the ground-water, composting toilets are not restricted.
Deed restrictions are restrictions on this property which have been recorded with the county, and which will remain in effect even when the property changes hands. This does not mean that our contract, which expires when you no longer owe us money, does not contain certain requirements in addition to these.
- $75 (estimate)
Building codes and/or permits:
- Texas County does not issue building permits and no building codes are in effect. The County Health Department must approve your septic system
From Cabool, Missouri take US Highway 63 northeast to H Highway, then east 18 miles to Highway 137. The access road is exactly 1 mile north of the intersection of Highways 137 and H. There are telephone relay boxes and several mailboxes there, on the west side of the highway (which, if you’ve done everything right so far, will be on your left). Turn in there and follow the road straight back, across a small brook, for 4/10ths mile to where the road makes a right-angle bend to the right. Follow that about 400 feet to where you’ll see the driveway into the parcel on your left.
No Down Payment - Warranty Deed after Six MonthsWelcome to OzarkLand.com where, since 1982, we have dedicated ourselves to making Ozark Mountain land available to anyone who sincerely wants to own it, on a first-come, first-served basis. You don’t need to make a sizeable down payment, or any down payment at all—just start making the monthly payments.
All of the properties we sell are owned by us, free and clear. That means that when we pass title to you, you don't need to worry that some disinterested third party—such as a bank—may own an interest in the property. This is frequently not the case in the real estate world at large.
We give you a Warranty Deed guaranteeing the title—no lease-options, no long-term land contracts, but fee-simple title to the property after only six months' timely payments.
All of the properties featured in our inventory are available to you via our very liberal financing plan. In fact, we’ll finance your whole land purchase with less paperwork and frustration than you'd experience buying a used car, and with no hidden expenses and one low-interest rate that’s remained unchanged since 1982.
We'll set up a contract with you in return for one monthly payment. After six monthly payments, we give you a Warranty Deed to the property, and we hold a Deed of Trust and Quit-Claim Deed as security. We record the deeds at the county courthouse at our expense, and we pay all closing costs.
There are no penalties for pre-payment.
Terms are 9% simple interest for 15 years.
Check out the "How It Works" page for more information.
- 232.27 Bedrooms
- 22900 Bathrooms
- 2.53 acres