Jacks Fork Farmsteads Parcel R
- 5.63 acres
- Texas County, Missouri
- $Sold / $
- 404.69 per month
Jacks Fork Farmsteads Parcel R
- Grid electricity available
- Private access road
- Drilled well and legal septic required before occupancy
- No mobile homes
I have long held a dream in which I can create land to my specifications. I know that isn’t very realistic since it takes approximately fifteen million years to make a nice comfy planet like Earth, but it’s an enjoyable fantasy that I’ve nurtured anyway.
However, occasionally I get the opportunity to come somewhat closer to this dream when a particular property needs extensive work in order for us to sell it.
Jacks Fork Farmsteads Parcel R is one of these. Back in the day when JFF was a cattle ranch, the only way to access this property was to cross a small spring branch in a very narrow hollow. Back then, that didn’t matter much, because the only vehicles that needed to cross were four-wheel-drive trucks and tractors.
But we wanted you to be able to access it with regular passenger vehicles.
So, what we did was build a dam across the spring branch, allowing easy access into the lush, high meadow on the west side, and creating a pretty little spring-fed pond, before the branch flows over the spillway and onward to the north to join the Jacks Fork.
People frequently ask me if I have a favorite parcel or parcels. In fact, I have lots of them, but the ones with big woods, rolling meadows, and a stream of live water will always be among my favorites.
And as if that isn’t enough, this parcel is at the very end of the road, where the new owner will enjoy more seclusion and privacy that decent folks would even think about wanting. Besides being at the back of Jacks Fork Farmsteads, the parcel backs up against a 300-acre ranch, the ranch house of which is over a half-mile away, so you don’t need to worry about curtains, screens, privacy fences, or even putting your pants on, for that matter.
I’m betting that this one is going to be one of your favorites, too.
- 5.63 acres fully surveyed and staked
- Jacks Fork Farmsteads Parcel R as shown in the Official Plat of Jacks Fork Farmsteads recorded in the Texas County Survey Record at Book 18, Page 13, Texas County Missouri Recorder's Office.
- We will pass Fee Simple Title to the purchaser conveying 100% of the ownership of the property including all timber, mineral, and water rights. We own this property free and clear of all tax liens, judgments mortgages or other encumbrances. As purchaser, you are not assuming any existing liens. We will record a Warranty Deed to the property in your name after you have made six monthly payments.
- Access from Missouri State Highway 137 is by a single-lane farm road. You should be prepared to maintain this road yourself.
- We do not supply water or water systems to any of these properties. Purchasers of these parcels need to arrange to drill their own private water well. To date (September 2020) seven wells have been drilled at Jacks Fork Farmsteads and all of them have cost around $6500 except one which was significantly less.
- Permits are not required to drill water wells for single-family dwellings; however, you are required to hire a state-licensed well driller.
- Howell-Oregon Electric Cooperative, West Plains, Missouri, 65775, 417-256-2131 provides electricity to Jacks Fork Farmsteads.
- Telephone and Internet:
- Telephone and internet services are provided to Jacks Fork Farmsteads by CenturyLink, 800-201-4099, http://www.centurylink.com/. For cell phone service, we recommend US Cellular or Verizon, for faster internet, a satellite provider such as Hughes.net.
- We do not provide any means of sewage disposal for these properties. Being in a rural area, the most common methods of sewage disposal are by individual on-site septic tanks, however, composting toilets are permitted.
- The Missouri Department of Natural Resources has given general approval for this usage of this site for individual sewage treatment systems.
- Septic systems must be constructed in accordance with County and State standards, and you must obtain permission from the Texas County Health Department, 950 N. Highway 63, Houston, Missouri, 65483, 417-967-4131 to install a septic tank. The average cost of a septic tank and drain field is $3,500.
- Propane gas is available from local dealers.
- Mail Delivery:
- Mail is delivered to the Jacks Fork Farmsteads entrance on Missouri State Highway 137. To establish a mailbox there, contact the postmaster at Willow Springs Post Office.
- This Property, if occupied, shall not be used for other than farming and single-family residential purposes. No more than one dwelling may be placed on any parcel.
This does not exclude bed-and-breakfast establishments, home businesses that do not require on-site advertising, or attached multi-generation housing.
- Mobile homes are not permitted. All other homes of any size, any type, any style or any construction may be placed on the property so long as the following items have been installed prior to the beginning of construction:
a. A drilled well meeting State standards.
b. A State-compliant septic system, such as a septic tank, or composting system, excepting sewage lagoons, which are not permitted.
c. Perimeter fencing of all unfenced boundaries, Fences must be constructed of minimum 3-inch steel-tube welded corners, "t"-posts and any choice of barbed or woven wire. Where the actual perimeter can not or should not be fenced, modifications may be made by agreement with the Owners. Here is an example:
- Camping for more than 21 days in a twelve-month period is not permitted.
This does not include living temporarily on the parcel when a home is under construction.
- No construction, other than fencing, shall take place within the boundaries of building setbacks and utility easements as defined in the Official Plat of Jack's Fork Farmsteads. No flags, banners or signs other than signs to identify the owner and/or address of the parcel, or signs advertising the parcel for sale, are permitted between the building setbacks and the road. Fences must not encroach upon the road easements, which extend 25 feet from the road centerline.
- No parcel of the Property as the same shall appear on the Official Plat of Jack's Fork Farmsteads may be further subdivided.
- Waste materials must be kept in closed containers at all times and removed from the property regularly. Parcels must be kept free of refuse, debris, and rubbish, and the burying of refuse, debris or rubbish is not permitted.
- Any animals kept on this property shall be maintained in such a manner that they do not present a nuisance to owners of neighboring properties. Feedlots are not permitted.
- All wastewater treatment facilities, whether septic system or composting system, must be constructed in accordance with all federal, state and local standards. Sewage lagoons are not permitted.
You can get the specifics from the Texas County Health Department.
Deed restrictions are restrictions on this property which have been recorded with the county, and which will remain in effect even when the property changes hands. Our contract, which expires when you no longer owe us money, contains certain requirements in addition to these.
Click HERE to see a Sample Contract
- $150 (estimated)
Building codes and/or permits:
- Texas County does not issue building permits and no building codes are in effect. The County Health Department must approve your septic system.
1. These directions are accurate to the best of our knowledge but cannot be guaranteed. Visit this property at your own risk, we are not responsible for accidents.
2. Do not attempt to find this property without taking paper copies of our maps and directions.
No Down Payment - Warranty Deed after Six MonthsWelcome to OzarkLand.com where, since 1982, we have dedicated ourselves to making Ozark Mountain land available to anyone who sincerely wants to own it, on a first-come, first-served basis. You don’t need to make a sizeable down payment, or any down payment at all—just start making the monthly payments.
All of the properties we sell are owned by us, free and clear. That means that when we pass title to you, you don't need to worry that some disinterested third party—such as a bank—may own an interest in the property. This is frequently not the case in the real estate world at large.
We give you a Warranty Deed guaranteeing the title—no lease-options, no long-term land contracts, but fee-simple title to the property after only six months' timely payments.
All of the properties featured in our inventory are available to you via our very liberal financing plan. In fact, we’ll finance your whole land purchase with less paperwork and frustration than you'd experience buying a used car, and with no hidden expenses and one low-interest rate that’s remained unchanged since 1982.
We'll set up a contract with you in return for one monthly payment. After six monthly payments, we give you a Warranty Deed to the property, and we hold a Deed of Trust and Quit-Claim Deed as security. We record the deeds at the county courthouse at our expense, and we pay all closing costs.
There are no penalties for pre-payment.
Terms are 9% simple interest for 15 years.
Check out the "How It Works" page for more information.
- 404.69 Bedrooms
- 3990 Bathrooms
- 5.63 acres