Deed Restrictions On Record
If you've seen a set of restrictions on one of our properties, don't assume that the restrictions are the same for all of them. Actually some of them differ quite a lot, so make sure you base your decisions to buy on the right set of restrictions.
These Locations are subject to their own sets of restrictions:
Our Basic Five Restrictions apply to all of our older locations which we purchased before 1989, specifically these:
- Alton Meadows Alton Woods Blue Spring
- Christina's Cove Cedar Hill Whitley Farm
- Christopher Pines Chalk Ridge Camden Weald
- Dixon’s Crossing Foggy Ridge Forest Niangua
- Hawthorne Bend Heron Point Jessica Springs
- Lillium Brook Lorelei Trails Mooney Branch
- Mandrake Ponds Meadow-Wood Osage Forest
- Origanna Woods Parmley Hollow Quail Hollows
- Quail Ridge Rhymer Forest Riverton
- Redford Pines Spavinaw Bluffs Saffron Mountain
- Sylvan Oaks Shady Ridge Sycamore Springs
- Table Rock Properties. Upland Mists Webb Creek Campsites
- Whitetail Draw Whiteoak Shores
The Basic Five Restrictions:
1. No buildings shall be constructed closer than 100 ft. from a roadway or 30 ft. from a boundary. (This may be adjusted in certain locations.)
Explanation: buildings placed closer can cause situations that interfere with road maintenance and utility transmission.
2. No refuse, debris, unused building materials nor derelict vehicles shall be allowed to collect on the premises.
Explanation: piles of junk are not only unsightly, but tend to spread to adjoining vacant parcels. Dead cars and junk make it harder for us to sell adjacent properties, or for you to sell yours.
3. You may keep whatever livestock or pets you wish so long as they are not allowed to create a nuisance to neighboring land owners.
Explanation: this probably means that if you want to keep pigs in the most common fashion, you need a parcel of at least 5 acres with a back corner located away from anyone else's home. Lots of barking dogs may also cause you problems depending on the size of your parcel and how you locate your facilities.
4. No parcel shall be further subdivided.
Explanation: you may build more than one residence on a single parcel, but you may not deed away a part of the parcel to someone else.
5. All wastewater treatment facilities shall be constructed in accordance with applicable state water quality standards.
Explanation: if you plan to construct an in-ground septic system, it must meet state standards. We find that the typical state-approved septic system will cost upwards of $3,000 for labor and materials. Additionally, the state says that any septic system on less than three acres be built to Missouri Department of Natural Resources specifications. Parcels of 5 acres or greater are virtually unrestricted. Since they do not endanger the ground-water, composting toilets and outhouses are not restricted.
Mobile homes are permitted at all locations except Whiteoak Shores, Misty Springs, Cherry Creek, Zach's Mountain, Jones Point Estates and Jacks Fork Farmsteads Modular homes are permitted at all locations except Clearwater Mountain.
Additionally, Our contract provides that you contract with a waste disposal company serving the area surrounding your property before establishing a residence. Some locations also require a metal culvert pipe be laid at the entrance to any residence.