Mooney Branch Parcel I
2.5 acres - $17,900
Monthly Payment: $181.55
This 2.5-acre parcel is covered with a mature mixture of pines and oaks, and lays on a very gentle eastern slope which runs down to a small hollow, then back up to the back line of the property. That back boundary is shared with the Mark Twain National Forest, which means that the owner of this property can step across his boundary line and enjoy tens of thousands of acres of government-owned woods. The property is about 165 feet wide (north to south) and around 660 feet east to west. That means you have 165 feet of road frontage AND 165 feet of shared border with the United States of America.
Rolla, Missouri is 32 miles to the northeast and Licking, Missouri is 11.3 miles to the southeast; Electric lines run along the road frontage and mail is delivered to Texas Tower Road.
- MOONEY BRANCH PARCEL I: All of the South Half of the South Half Northeast Quarter of the Northwest Quarter of the Northeast Quarter of Section 12, Township 33 North, Range 10 West
- Electrical service is currently located 660 feet east of the property. INTERCOUNTY ELECTRIC CO-OP Box 209, Licking, MO 65542 Pho. (573) 674-2211 provides electricity to Mooney Branch. Electrical hook-up is free to permanent residences; however charges could change at any time.
- Telephone and Internet:
- We do not provide any means of sewage disposal for these properties. Being in a rural area, the most common methods of sewage disposal are by individual on-site septic tanks, however composting toilets and out-houses are permitted.
- The Missouri Department of Natural Resources has given general approval for this usage of this site for individual sewage treatment systems.
Septic systems must be constructed in accordance with County and State standards, and you must obtain permission from the Texas County Health Department, 950 N. Highway 63, Houston, MO 65483, (417) 967-4131 to install a septic tank. The average cost of a septic tank and drain field is $3500.
- Propane gas is available from local dealers.
- Mail Delivery
- Mail is delivered to the Mooney Branch entrance on Texas Tower Rd. To establish a mailbox there, contact the postmaster at Licking Post Office.
These five restrictions apply to all of our older locations:
- No buildings shall be constructed closer than 100 ft. from a roadway or 30 ft. from a boundary. (This may be adjusted in certain locations.)
Explanation: buildings placed closer can cause situations that interfere with road maintenance and utility transmission.
- No refuse, debris, unused building materials nor derelict vehicles shall be allowed to collect on the premises.
Explanation: piles of junk are not only unsightly, but tend to spread to adjoining vacant parcels. Dead cars and junk make it harder for us to sell adjacent properties, or for you to sell yours.
- You may keep whatever livestock or pets you wish so long as they are not allowed to create a nuisance to neighboring land owners.
Explanation: this probably means that if you want to keep pigs in the most common fashion, you need a parcel of at least 5 acres with a back corner located away from anyone else's home. Lots of barking dogs may also cause you problems depending on the size of your parcel and how you locate your facilities.
- No parcel shall be further subdivided.
Explanation: you may build more than one residence on a single parcel, but you may not deed away a part of the parcel to someone else.
- All wastewater treatment facilities shall be constructed in accordance with applicable state water quality standards.
Explanation: if you plan to construct an in-ground septic system, it must meet state standards. We find that the typical state-approved septic system will cost upwards of $3,000 for labor and materials. Additionally, the state says that any septic system on less than three acres be built to Missouri Department of Natural Resources specifications. Parcels of 5 acres or greater are virtually unrestricted. Since they do not endanger the ground-water, composting toilets and outhouses are not restricted.
Building Codes & Permits:
- Texas County does not issue building permits and no building codes are in effect. The County Health Department must approve your septic system.
Driving Directions to Locate Mooney Branch Parcel I:
From Licking, head west on Hwy. 32 to where Highway N turns right (the only choice. Continue until N turns to gravel, at an intersection where you take Texas Tower Road to the right. Follow this until you cross a creek-bed which will probably be dry (Mooney Branch) and take the right turn immediately thereafter.
Disclaimer: These directions are accurate to the best of our knowledge but cannot be guaranteed. Visit this property at your own risk, we are not responsible for accidents.
Buy This Parcel
2.5 acres - $17,900
Monthly Payment: $181.55
- No Down Payment. Just make the first monthly payment and we'll have a contract package on it's way to you.
- You get a Warranty Deed to the property after six months' timely payments.
- 9% simple interest: 180 months to pay.
- No penalty for pre-payment in any amount, at any time.
- 15% discount for cash.
Initial and subsequent payments may be made online by credit / debit card, or by mail. *
Click HERE to buy this parcel
Please read the directions carefully.