Sylvan Oaks Parcel M
2.5 acres - $16,900
Monthly Payment: $171.41
This property is covered with deep forest. Locate yourself in the middle of the parcel and you’ll feel all the privacy and seclusion that decent folks would even want, yet it’s only 4.2 miles from Willow Springs, and about half of that is paved road.
While most of the other properties at Sylvan Oaks are fairly hilly, this parcel has quite a bit of level ground, especially near the front of the property where you’ll appreciate it the most. The access road is a typical dirt road, but it’s good enough that you don’t need four-wheel-drive to get to it and if you don’t mind going a little slow, you won’t have a problem getting a car in either, although if you plan to do anything but camp, you’ll want a truck anyway.
The vegetation is mostly oaks and hickories, and the forest is dense, shady and quiet.
If your criteria include pretty, easy-to-work and cheap, you’re going to want to check out this parcel.
This is where you turn off County Road 1290.
This is the access road to the property.
The rest of these photos were taken on the property.
- SYLVAN OAKS PARCEL M: All of the West Half of the East Half of the Southeast Quarter of the Northeast Quarter of the Northwest Quarter of Section 15, Township 27 North, Range 9 West
- We will pass Fee Simple Title to the purchaser conveying 100% of the ownership of the property including all timber, mineral and water rights. We own this property free and clear of all tax liens, judgments mortgages or other encumbrances. As purchaser, you are not assuming any existing liens. We will record a Warranty Deed to the property in your name after you have made six monthly payments.
- Access from County Road 1290 is by 20-foot deeded easement.
- We do not supply water or water systems to any of these properties. Purchasers of these parcels need to arrange to drill their own private water well. For information on drilling procedures you should contact local well drillers which are listed in the yellow pages of local phone books or we will recommend some to you.Current prices charged by local well drillers run around $8 per foot to drill and $9-13 per foot to install a 6 inch casing. Missouri law requires a minimum of 80 feet of casing in all locations and more in some. The estimated cost of a complete well, casing and pump system in this area is $7,500. Permits are not required to drill water wells for single family dwellings; however you are required to hire a state-licensed well driller.
- Telephone and Internet:
We do not provide any means of sewage disposal for these properties. Being in a rural area, the most common methods of sewage disposal are by individual on-site septic tanks, however composting toilets and out-houses are permitted.
The Missouri Department of Natural Resources has given general approval for this usage of this site for individual sewage treatment systems.
Septic systems must be constructed in accordance with County and State standards, and you must obtain permission from the Howell County Health Department, 180 S. Kentucky Street West Plains, MO 65775, (417) 256-7078 to install a septic tank. The average cost of a septic tank and drain field is $3500.
- Propane gas is available from local dealers.
- Mail Delivery:
- Mail is delivered to Sylvan Oaks on county road 1290. To establish a mailbox there, contact the postmaster at the Willow Springs Post Office.
These five restrictions apply to all of our older locations.
- No buildings shall be constructed closer than 100 ft. from a roadway or 30 ft. from a boundary. (This may be adjusted in certain locations.)
Explanation: buildings placed closer can cause situations that interfere with road maintenance and utility transmission.
- No refuse, debris, unused building materials nor derelict vehicles shall be allowed to collect on the premises.
Explanation: piles of junk are not only unsightly, but tend to spread to adjoining vacant parcels. Dead cars and junk make it harder for us to sell adjacent properties, or for you to sell yours.
- You may keep whatever livestock or pets you wish so long as they are not allowed to create a nuisance to neighboring land owners.
Explanation: this probably means that if you want to keep pigs in the most common fashion, you need a parcel of at least 5 acres with a back corner located away from anyone else's home. Lots of barking dogs may also cause you problems depending on the size of your parcel and how you locate your facilities.
- No parcel shall be further subdivided.
Explanation: you may build more than one residence on a single parcel, but you may not deed away a part of the parcel to someone else.
- All wastewater treatment facilities shall be constructed in accordance with applicable state water quality standards.
Explanation: if you plan to construct an in-ground septic system, it must meet state standards. We find that the typical state-approved septic system will cost upwards of $3,000 for labor and materials. Additionally, the state says that any septic system on less than three acres be built to Missouri Department of Natural Resources specifications. Parcels of 5 acres or greater are virtually unrestricted. Since they do not endanger the ground-water, composting toilets and outhouses are not restricted.
Building codes and/or permits:
- Howell County does not issue building permits and no building codes are in effect. The County Health Department must approve your septic system.
Driving Directions to Locate Sylvan Oaks Parcel M:
DRIVING DIRECTIONS to Sylvan Oaks: Starting at Willow Springs, go north out of town on Highway 137, just past the golf course, you turn right or east on Road 3600, which you take for about a mile until you turn right, east again on Road 3580. (Please note that Road 3600 has one right-angle turn to the right that ISN'T Road 3580.) Follow that another mile to Road 1290 where you go left or north. 3/4 mile later, you'll see a narrow trail on the left, north, opposite two mailboxes, which is the drive into Sylvan Oaks. Follow that for a quarter-mile, Then take the right angle right turn, go down into a hollow and when the road takes you back to the top of the hill, watch for two T-posts with double ribbons. They mark the boundaries of the parcel on the left, or north side of the road, but please notice that part of the parcel is on the south side also.
GPS Co-ordinates at the parcel:
Access road goes through the west boundary at:
37° 01' 14.44" N
91° 55' 10.07" W
37° 01' 14.52" N
91° 55' 08.00" W
Disclaimer: These directions are accurate to the best of our knowledge but cannot be guaranteed. Visit this property at your own risk, we are not responsible for accidents.
Buy This Parcel
2.5 acres - $16,900
Monthly Payment: $171.41
- No Down Payment. Just make the first monthly payment and we'll have a contract package on it's way to you.
- You get a Warranty Deed to the property after six months' timely payments.
- 9% simple interest: 180 months to pay.
- No penalty for pre-payment in any amount, at any time.
- 15% discount for cash.
Initial and subsequent payments may be made online by credit / debit card, or by mail. *
Click HERE to buy this parcel
Please read the directions carefully.