Whitetail Draw Parcel B
3.3 acres - $13,500
Monthly Payment: $136.93
WHITETAIL DRAW is one of our most remote properties. It's about 5 miles northwest of the little town of Bunker, MO (pop. 447) and about 65 miles southeast of the considerably larger town of Rolla, MO. We think this is an excellent place for the hunter, being surrounded as it is by thousands upon thousands of wild, wooded acres. The vegetation is a combination of pine and oak as pictured above. As the road comes into Whitetail Draw, you're at a relatively high point. From there, the road runs steeply downhill to the east and is in the hollow when it turns north to run down the hollow, so that all of those parcels lie uphill from the road. This is rugged, steep terrain and you'll find most of the surrounding area to be much the same. We've built short driveways on some of the parcels, but you'll probably want to extend these to the top of the hill.
- WHITETAIL DRAW PARCEL B: All that part of the South Half of the North Half of the North Half of the Southwest Quarter of the Southwest Quarter Section 25, Township 33 North, Range 3 West lying west of the centerline of the access road thereon
- We will pass Fee Simple Title to the purchaser conveying 100% of the ownership of the property including all timber, mineral and water rights. We own this property free and clear of all tax liens, judgments mortgages or other encumbrances. As purchaser, you are not assuming any existing liens. We will record a Warranty Deed to the property in your name after you have made six monthly payments.
- Whitetail Draw is accessed from Mo. Highway 72 by County Roads 926 and 920, the first a two-lane black-top road and the second a two-lane gravel road, both maintained by Reynolds County. The parcels are accessed by a 20-foot-wide roadway on a 40-foot recorded easement. Maintenance of this road is the responsibility of the land-owners. This road includes two very steep hills and sometimes gets overgrown from lack of traffic.
- We do not supply water or water systems to any of these properties. Purchasers of these parcels need to arrange to drill their own private water well. For information on drilling procedures you should contact local well drillers which are listed in the yellow pages of local phone books or we will recommend some to you.Current prices charged by local well drillers run around $8 per foot to drill and $9-13 per foot to install a 6 inch casing. Missouri law requires a minimum of 80 feet of casing in all locations and more in some. The estimated cost of a complete well, casing and pump system in this area is $7,500. Permits are not required to drill water wells for single family dwellings; however you are required to hire a state-licensed well driller.
Electrical service is currently located across the road from the northwest corner of the property. BLACK RIVER ELECTRIC CO-OP www.blackriverelectric.com P.O. Box 31, Fredricktown, MO 63645
(800)392-4711 provides electricity to Whitetail Draw. Electrical hook-up is free to permanent residences; however charges could change at any time.
- Telephone and Internet:
We do not provide any means of sewage disposal for these properties. Being in a rural area, the most common methods of sewage disposal are by individual on-site septic tanks, however composting toilets and out-houses are permitted.
The Missouri Department of Natural Resources has given general approval for this usage of this site for individual sewage treatment systems.
Septic systems must be constructed in accordance with County and State standards, and you must obtain permission from the Reynolds County Health Department P.O. Box 40 Centerville, MO 63633 Phone: 573-648-2498
FAX: 573-648-2510 to install a septic tank. The average cost of a septic tank and drain field is $3500.
- Propane gas is available from local dealers.
- Mail Delivery:
- Mail is delivered to Whitetail Draw on County Roads 926 and 920. To establish a mailbox there, contact the postmaster at the Bunker Post Office.
These five restrictions apply to all of our older locations.
- No buildings shall be constructed closer than 100 ft. from a roadway or 30 ft. from a boundary. (This may be adjusted in certain locations.)
Explanation: buildings placed closer can cause situations that interfere with road maintenance and utility transmission.
- No refuse, debris, unused building materials nor derelict vehicles shall be allowed to collect on the premises.
Explanation: piles of junk are not only unsightly, but tend to spread to adjoining vacant parcels. Dead cars and junk make it harder for us to sell adjacent properties, or for you to sell yours.
- You may keep whatever livestock or pets you wish so long as they are not allowed to create a nuisance to neighboring land owners.
Explanation: this probably means that if you want to keep pigs in the most common fashion, you need a parcel of at least 5 acres with a back corner located away from anyone else's home. Lots of barking dogs may also cause you problems depending on the size of your parcel and how you locate your facilities.
- No parcel shall be further subdivided.
Explanation: you may build more than one residence on a single parcel, but you may not deed away a part of the parcel to someone else.
- All wastewater treatment facilities shall be constructed in accordance with applicable state water quality standards.
Explanation: if you plan to construct an in-ground septic system, it must meet state standards. We find that the typical state-approved septic system will cost upwards of $3,000 for labor and materials. Additionally, the state says that any septic system on less than three acres be built to Missouri Department of Natural Resources specifications. Parcels of 5 acres or greater are virtually unrestricted. Since they do not endanger the ground-water, composting toilets and outhouses are not restricted.
Building codes and/or permits:
- Ideal Property for Hunters, Naturalists, Cheapskates
Driving Directions to Locate Whitetail Draw Parcel B:
Whitetail Draw is about 90 minutes southeast of St. Louis in Reynolds County. Assuming you successfully locate Bunker in western Reynolds County, go northwest from there on Hwy. 72 until you get to a sign on the right (north) that says' "Crossville Southern Baptist Church" turn there on this recently-paved road and go 1.1 miles to the first road past the highline, then turn right. Follow that road 1/2 mile (bearing left) When you see our "road" on the left, you've arrived. Look for the U.S.G.S. survey stake in the SW corner of Parcel D so you'll know you've got the right place.
Disclaimer: These directions are accurate to the best of our knowledge but cannot be guaranteed. Visit this property at your own risk, we are not responsible for accidents.
Buy This Parcel
3.3 acres - $13,500
Monthly Payment: $136.93
- No Down Payment. Just make the first monthly payment and we'll have a contract package on it's way to you.
- You get a Warranty Deed to the property after six months' timely payments.
- 9% simple interest: 180 months to pay.
- No penalty for pre-payment in any amount, at any time.
- 15% discount for cash.
Initial and subsequent payments may be made online by credit / debit card, or by mail. *
Click HERE to buy this parcel
Please read the directions carefully.