Lorelei Trails Parcel CC
2.5 acres - $16,900
Monthly Payment: $171.41
This parcel covered in big oaks and hickories, some 80 and 90 feet tall, in a down-right remote, off-grid setting. (There’s land-line phone, but no electricity.) It’s great for campers, hunters, foresters, nudists, and eccentric hermits. As an investment, it’s currently covered with majestic hardwood forest that only improves with time, and it’s permanently attached to the only planet currently deemed hospitable to humans, whose ever-burgeoning numbers are legion. Speaking of the earth, and owning and maintaining 2.5 acres of living trees, did you know that in one growing season a single mature tree produces enough oxygen to service the breathing habits of 10 adult homo-sapiens?
Located about 18 miles from the nearest town, Cabool, Missouri, you really should have a vehicle with good ground clearance to get here, and 4WD will be needed in winter, if you simply can’t stay home.
These photos were taken on the property.
These last four photos are of the entrance road and are not on the property.
- LORELEI TRAILS PARCEL CC: All that part of the Southeast Quarter of the Northwest Quarter of the Southeast Quarter lying north and west of the center-line of the access road thereon in Section 34, Township 29 North, Range 9 West
- We will pass Fee Simple Title to the purchaser conveying 100% of the ownership of the property including all timber, mineral and water rights. We own this property free and clear of all tax liens, judgments mortgages or other encumbrances. As purchaser, you are not assuming any existing liens. We will record a Warranty Deed to the property in your name after you have made six monthly payments.
- Access is by a steep and rocky road on a 30 to 40 foot easement from Shelton Road (county)
We do not supply water or water systems to any of these properties. Purchasers of these parcels need to arrange to drill their own private water well. For information on drilling procedures you should contact local well drillers which are listed in the yellow pages of local phone books or we will recommend some to you.Current prices charged by local well drillers run around $8 per foot to drill and $9-13 per foot to install a 6 inch casing. Missouri law requires a minimum of 80 feet of casing in all locations and more in some. The estimated cost of a complete well, casing and pump system in this area is $7,500. Permits are not required to drill water wells for single family dwellings; however you are required to hire a state-licensed well driller.
This parcel is off-grid: that is, electrical service has not been extended to the property. The nearest electrical line is some distance away and it would be more practical to provide your own electricity via wind or solar means.
Commercial electricity is provided to the area by:
6327 N US Hwy 63
West Plains, MO 65775
- Telephone and Internet:
- Telephone and internet services are provided to Lorelei Trails by CenturyLink1-800-201-4099. http://www.centurylink.com/ For cell phone service, we recommend US Cellular and for internet, a satellite provider.
- We do not provide any means of sewage disposal for these properties. Being in a rural area, the most common methods of sewage disposal are by individual on-site septic tanks, however composting toilets and out-houses are permitted.
- The Missouri Department of Natural Resources has given general approval for this usage of this site for individual sewage treatment systems.
- Septic systems must be constructed in accordance with County and State standards, and you must obtain permission from the Texas County Health Department, 950 N. Highway 63, Houston, MO 65483, (417) 967-4131 to install a septic tank. The average cost of a septic tank and drain field is $3500.
- Propane gas is available from local dealers.
- Mail Delivery:
- Mail is delivered to Lorelei Trails on Shelton Road. To establish a mailbox there, contact the postmaster at the Willow Springs Post Office.
These five restrictions apply to all of our older locations.
- No buildings shall be constructed closer than 100 ft. from a roadway or 30 ft. from a boundary. (This may be adjusted in certain locations.)
Explanation: buildings placed closer can cause situations that interfere with road maintenance and utility transmission.
- No refuse, debris, unused building materials nor derelict vehicles shall be allowed to collect on the premises.
Explanation: piles of junk are not only unsightly, but tend to spread to adjoining vacant parcels. Dead cars and junk make it harder for us to sell adjacent properties, or for you to sell yours.
- You may keep whatever livestock or pets you wish so long as they are not allowed to create a nuisance to neighboring land owners.
Explanation: this probably means that if you want to keep pigs in the most common fashion, you need a parcel of at least 5 acres with a back corner located away from anyone else's home. Lots of barking dogs may also cause you problems depending on the size of your parcel and how you locate your facilities.
- No parcel shall be further subdivided.
Explanation: you may build more than one residence on a single parcel, but you may not deed away a part of the parcel to someone else.
- All wastewater treatment facilities shall be constructed in accordance with applicable state water quality standards.
Explanation: if you plan to construct an in-ground septic system, it must meet state standards. We find that the typical state-approved septic system will cost upwards of $3,000 for labor and materials. Additionally, the state says that any septic system on less than three acres be built to Missouri Department of Natural Resources specifications. Parcels of 5 acres or greater are virtually unrestricted. Since they do not endanger the ground-water, composting toilets and outhouses are not restricted.
Building Codes and/or Permits:
- Texas County does not issue building permits and no building codes are in effect. The County Health Department must approve your septic system.
Driving Directions to Locate Lorelei Trails Parcel CC:
Now it gets tricky... From Shelton Road to the property. At about 9/10ths mile down Shelton Road, you'll see three mailboxes on your left, and a road turning back to the right at a very sharp angle. Take this road. About a quarter-mile later, you'll come to the first creek crossing. Beyond that, you'll see a house and yard straight ahead of you - look for where the road takes a sharp bend to the left and follow that. First you'll have another smaller creek crossing, then the road forks. Don't take the fork going up-hill, which has a gate on it anyway, take the right fork into the open area. Check your odometer at this fork. You'll go past an abandoned farm on your right, make another creek crossing, and come to a very steep hill. At the top of this hill, the road forks again. This should be about half a mile past your odometer check. Follow this bad road down into a hollow, then up another steep hill. Go to the top of the hill and turn hard right. You'll cross a ridge-top and just as the road starts to go downhill, you'll see a t-post marker on your left.
GPS Co-ordinates at the parcel:
Lat. 37.145216° N
Lon. -91.913527° W
Disclaimer: These directions are accurate to the best of our knowledge but cannot be guaranteed. Visit this property at your own risk, we are not responsible for accidents.
Buy This Parcel
2.5 acres - $16,900
Monthly Payment: $171.41
- No Down Payment. Just make the first monthly payment and we'll have a contract package on it's way to you.
- You get a Warranty Deed to the property after six months' timely payments.
- 9% simple interest: 180 months to pay.
- No penalty for pre-payment in any amount, at any time.
- 15% discount for cash.
Initial and subsequent payments may be made online by credit / debit card, or by mail. *
Click HERE to buy this parcel
Please read the directions carefully.