Clearwater Mountain Parcel A
2.7 acres - $22,900
Monthly payment: $232.27
This property is located at the end of Reynolds County Road 417, and frankly, the county hasn’t been doing a great job of maintaining the road. You can’t really blame them though, because nobody lives back here. However, we can assure you that the County Road Board are a bunch of stand-up guys who will attend to the road if you’ll just let them know, after you move out there.
The parcel is private and secluded, but very accessible. Road 417 goes through a few loops and switch-backs as it follows along the Corps of Engineers take-line of the lake, so when you arrive at Parcel A, 1.1 miles back from the pavement, you’ll feel alone in your own little world, and if you take a short hike through the woods, close to Clearwater Lake.
Parcel A is covered with big hardwoods and has a small drive-way into the parcel that’s been hardened with crushed limestone. This latter item is a little hard to see in the summer when all the small brush is leafed out, but it’s quite obvious in the winter-time. It’s helpful to have a place to pull your vehicle off the road.
Like all of Clearwater Mountain homes are restricted to native stone (the kind you find laying on the ground, not the kind you pay big bucks for) or local log construction.
As with all our properties, we'll finance you 100% and give you a Warranty Deed after only six payments.
The next few photos are of Clearwater Lake
- 2.7 acres surveyed and platted by Schultz Engineering Services of Poplar Bluff.
- CLEARWATER MOUNTAIN PARCEL A: as shown on the Official Plat of Clearwater Mountain recorded in the Office of Reynolds County Recorder, Centerville, Mo at Book 2, Page 4. Section 26, Township 29, Range 2E.
- We will pass Fee Simple Title to the purchaser conveying 100% of the ownership of the property including all timber, mineral and water rights.
- We own this property free and clear of all tax liens, judgments mortgages or other encumbrances. As purchaser, you are not assuming any existing liens.
- We will record a Warranty Deed to the property in your name after you have made six monthly payments.
- The Parcel fronts on Reynolds County Road 417
- We do not supply water or water systems to any of these properties. Purchasers of these parcels need to arrange to drill their own private water well. For information on drilling procedures you should contact local well drillers which are listed in the yellow pages of local phone books or we will recommend some to you.
- Current prices charged by local well drillers run around $8 per foot to drill and $9-13 per foot to install a 6 inch casing. Missouri law requires a minimum of 80 feet of casing in all locations and more in some. The estimated cost of a complete well, casing and pump system in this area is $7,500.
- Permits are not required to drill water wells for single family dwellings; however you are required to hire a state-licensed well driller.
- Electrical service is not extended to the property. BLACK RIVER ELECTRIC CO-OPwww.blackriverelectric.com P.O. Box 31, Fredricktown, MO 63645 (800)392-4711Provides electricity to Clearwater Mountain. Electrical hook-up is free to permanent residences; however charges could change at any time.
- Telephone and Internet:
- We do not provide any means of sewage disposal for these properties. Being in a rural area, the most common methods of sewage disposal are by individual on-site septic tanks, however composting toilets and out-houses are permitted.
- The Missouri Department of Natural Resources has given general approval for this usage of this site for individual sewage treatment systems.
- Septic systems must be constructed in accordance with County and State standards, and you must obtain permission from Reynolds County Health Department P.O. Box 40 Centerville, MO 63633 Phone: 573-648-2498 FAX: 573-648-2510 to install a septic tank. The average cost of a septic tank and drain field is $3500.
- Propane gas is available from local dealers.
- Mail Delivery:
- Mail is delivered to Clearwater Mountain on Reynolds County Road 417. To establish a mailbox there, contact the postmaster at the Elington Post Office.
- This Property, if occupied, shall not be used for other than private, single family residential purposes. No more than one dwelling may be constructed on any parcel. No commercial or business activities are allowed that require additional parking or signage larger than 2 square feet in area, such as 1 foot by 2 feet or 6 inches by four feet.
Explaination: Your home business is encouraged, but not if it's large enough to turn the neighborhood into a strip mall.or a resort
- All homes constructed on the Property shall be complete on their exterior within 180 days from the date construction above the foundation is begun unless the building site is within sight of the access road, in which case, such homes must be complete on their exterior within180 days after foundation construction is begun. All construction shall be of either whole-log construction, or native stone construction or any combination of native stone and whole-log construction of not less than 1000 square feet in living area permanently attached to an adequate concrete foundation. An adequate concrete foundation shall be one consisting of poured concrete or mortared concrete block placed in any combination of beams, piers, pilings and/or footings which supports the dwelling sufficiently that no settling greater than one inch in forty lineal feet shall occur. Mobile homes and metal buildings are not permitted on the roads or property of Clearwater Mountain under any circumstance.
Explaination: We want to encourage you to build your own home using local materials from the Missouri forest. Log home kits are permitted, but not purchased, imported stone. Hiring a contractor is permitted, but the emphasis here is on the owner-builder and sensible, affrodable housing. Wood panels that look like logs are not acceptable, and you can't cut the timber off of the property to build the home. However, you can use all the rock from the property that you want.
- Camping for more than 14 days in a twelve-month period is not permitted. Camping equipment or trailers may not be left on the property between uses unless kept within a closed building or otherwise covered.
Explanation: Temporary housing or camping on the property is permitted while your home is under construction.
- Secondary electrical service shall be by underground cable unless specific conditions exist at the time of installation which make this impossible or if Black River Electric Co-op should absolutely refuse to install such underground cable. Primary electrical service shall be by either overhead or underground cable.
Explaination: Use buried cable from the county road back to the house.
- No construction, other than fencing, shall take place within the boundaries of building setbacks and utility easements as defined in the Official Plat of Clearwater Mountain. No flags, banners or signs other than signs to identify the owner and or address of the parcel, or signs advertising the parcel for sale, are permitted between the building setbacks and the road. Fences must not encroach upon the road easements.
Explanation: This assures you that your neighbor can't block the access road, or encroach on your property and that you won't be living in a neighborhood full of swastikas, Confederate flags, hate speech or threatening rants.
- No parcel of the Property as the same shall appear on the Official Plat of Clearwater Mountain as recorded at Book 2, Page 4, Reynolds County Recorder’s Office, Centerville, Missouri, may be further sub-divided.
Explanation: This keeps your neighbors from turing their parcel into a motel or resort.
- Waste materials must be kept in closed containers at all times. Parcels must be kept free of refuse, debris, and rubbish. No derelict vehicles may be kept on any parcel unless kept in an enclosed garage. Derelict vehicles are defined as those which EITHER do not run, or are not licensed.
Explanaton: This simply protects your property values and keep trash from blowing through the woods.
- Any animals kept on this property shall be maintained in such a manner that they do not present a nuisance to owners of neighboring parcels. Kennels and feedlots are not permitted.
Explanation: In most cases, this simply means that if you have livestock you keep it fenced-in.
- All wastewater treatment facilities must be constructed in accordance with all federal, state and local standards.
Explanation: You have to obey the law.
Here's the first home at Clearwater Mountain. Log/stone homes are practical and especially economical if you buy native materials and build your own such as these folks did, The Ozarks is covered with both logs and stones, and Reynolds County isn't hindered by lots of unnecessary building regulations.
| Building Codes and/or Permits:
- Reynolds County does not issue building permits and no building codes are in effect. The County Health Department must approve your septic system.
Driving Directions to Locate Clearwater Mountain Parcel A:
To Get to the Property from Ellington:
Take Highway 21 south about two miles to Highway H, where you turn left. Follow H for about 11 miles until, just above the lake, you see two signs, one on either side of the road, saying "dead end". The Clearwater Mountain road is the next left right after that, that is, County Road #417.
Parcel A fronts on CR #417 in 1 & 1/10th’s of a mile.
All parcels have been surveyed by Schulz Engineering Services of Poplar Bluff, however the survey pins are getting hard to locate. Refer to our maps.
GPS Co-ordinates at the parcel:
Disclaimer: These directions are accurate to the best of our knowledge but cannot be guaranteed. Visit this property at your own risk, we are not responsible for accidents.
Buy This Parcel
2.7 acres - $22,900
Monthly payment: $232.27
- No Down Payment.
- Just make the first monthly payment and we'll have a contract package on it's way to you.
- You get a Warranty Deed to the property after six months' timely payments.
- 9% simple interest: 180 months to pay.
- No penalty for pre-payment in any amount, at any time.
- 15% discount for cash.
CLICK HERE TO BUY THIS LAND
Initial and subsequent payments may be made online by credit / debit card, or by mail. *
Please read the directions carefully.