Christina's Cove Parcel I
4.8 acres - $37,900
Monthly Payment: $384.41
Christina's Cove Parcel I has three different water features for you to appreciate. First, it's located on a famous and everlasting limestone aquifer, so you can expect to drill a well and be rewarded with a lifetime supply of cold, clean, agua. Second, there's a tiny wet-weather spring that runs infrequently (you might want to develop it) and finally, there's the 1,000-mile shoreline of Bull Shoals Lake just at the bottom of the hill below the parcel. (Well, technically, the bottom of the hill is about 200 feet below the surface of the lake, but you know what I mean.)
The parcel is over 100 yards wide, twice that deep, and it’s covered with red cedar and oak. The access road has been dedicated to the county, and accepted, although they don't maintain it because nobody lives there. There's a decided slope down from the access road. The property is steep in some places, and rocky all over, so if you don't like those aspects, you'll either need a lot of dynamite or a willingness to make do. We strongly urge the latter. When I visited, I took a few pictures including some showing a tiny trickle of water in the spring, which you can rest assured will go dry any time it doesn't rain for a few days. What you can't quite see from my photos is that removing a few trees from the front of the property will yield a nice view of the lake. Electricity is right across the road, and we'll give you a Warranty Deed to the property after only six months. To my knowledge, nobody else does this… and it IS a big deal.
CHRISTINA'S COVE PARCEL I: All that part of the North Half of the Southeast Quarter of the Southeast Quarter of the Northwest Quarter lying east of the Marion County Public Road in Section 23, Township 21 North, Range 16 West.
- We will pass Fee Simple Title to the purchaser conveying 100% of the ownership of the property including all timber, mineral and water rights. We own this property free and clear of all tax liens, judgments mortgages or other encumbrances. As purchaser, you are not assuming any existing liens. We will record a Warranty Deed to the property in your name after you have made six monthly payments.
- Access is by Marion Country Road 163, a two-lane gravel road approximately 22 feet wide, which is maintained by Marion County, Arkansas.
We do not supply water or water systems to any of these properties. Purchasers of these parcels need to arrange to drill their own private water well. For information on drilling procedures you should contact local well drillers which are listed in the yellow pages of local phone books or we will recommend some to you. Current prices charged by local well drillers run around $8 per foot to drill and $9-13 per foot to install a 6 inch casing. Missouri law requires a minimum of 80 feet of casing in all locations and more in some. The estimated cost of a complete well, casing and pump system in this area is $7,500. Permits are not required to drill water wells for single family dwellings; however you are required to hire a state-licensed well driller.
- Entergy-Arkansas www.entergy-arkansas.com (1-800-368-3749) Electrical hook-up is free to permanent residences; however charges could change at any time.
- Telephone and Internet:
- Telephone and internet services are provided to Christina's Cove by CenturyLink1-800-201-4099. http://www.centurylink.com/ For cell phone service, we recommend US Cellular and for internet, a satellite provider.
- We do not provide any means of sewage disposal for these properties. Being in a rural area, the most common methods of sewage disposal are by individual on-site septic tanks, however composting toilets and out-houses are permitted.
- Septic systems must be constructed in accordance with County and State standards, and you must obtain permission from the Marion County Health Department, 707 Hwy 202 West Yellville, AR 72687, (870) 449-4259 to install a septic tank. The average cost of a septic tank and drain field is $3500.
- Propane gas is available from local dealers.
- Mail Delivery:
- Mail is delivered to Christina's Cove on Marion County Road #164. To establish a mailbox there, contact the postmaster at the Theodosia Post Office.
These five restrictions apply to all of our older locations:
- No buildings shall be constructed closer than 100 ft. from a roadway or 30 ft. from a boundary. (This may be adjusted in certain locations.)
Explanation: buildings placed closer can cause situations that interfere with road maintenance and utility transmission.
- No refuse, debris, unused building materials nor derelict vehicles shall be allowed to collect on the premises.
Explanation: piles of junk are not only unsightly, but tend to spread to adjoining vacant parcels. Dead cars and junk make it harder for us to sell adjacent properties, or for you to sell yours.
- You may keep whatever livestock or pets you wish so long as they are not allowed to create a nuisance to neighboring land owners.
Explanation: this probably means that if you want to keep pigs in the most common fashion, you need a parcel of at least 5 acres with a back corner located away from anyone else's home. Lots of barking dogs may also cause you problems depending on the size of your parcel and how you locate your facilities.
- No parcel shall be further subdivided.
Explanation: you may build more than one residence on a single parcel, but you may not deed away a part of the parcel to someone else.
- All wastewater treatment facilities shall be constructed in accordance with applicable state water quality standards.
Explanation: if you plan to construct an in-ground septic system, it must meet state standards. We find that the typical state-approved septic system will cost upwards of $3,000 for labor and materials. Additionally, the state says that any septic system on less than three acres be built to Missouri Department of Natural Resources specifications. Parcels of 5 acres or greater are virtually unrestricted. Since they do not endanger the ground-water, composting toilets and outhouses are not restricted.
Building Codes and/or Permits:
Driving Directions to Locate Christina's Cove Parcel I:
|To get there from Theodosia, take Hwy. 160 to Hwy. P, then follow Hwy. P south to Dugginsville, where it turns to gravel and very soon crosses into Arkansas and becomes Marion County Road #163, follow this until you see Marion County Road #164 break to the left. Take 164 about one mile. Then turn right and shortly thereafter take the first left turn (about 300 ft).
We suggest you print out this page and subsequent maps and take them with you.
GPS Co-ordinates at the parcel:
|Disclaimer: These directions are accurate to the best of our knowledge but cannot be guaranteed. Visit this property at your own risk, we are not responsible for accidents.
Buy This Parcel
4.8 acres - $37,900
Monthly Payment: $384.41
- No Down Payment. Just make the first monthly payment and we'll have a contract package on it's way to you.
- You get a Warranty Deed to the property after six months' timely payments.
- 9% simple interest: 180 months to pay.
- No penalty for pre-payment in any amount, at any time.
- 15% discount for cash.
Initial and subsequent payments may be made online by credit / debit card, or by mail. *
Click HERE to buy this parcel
Please read the directions carefully.