0.95 acres - $14,900
Monthly Payment: $151.13
|So what will $150 per month buy you? A pretty nice little parcel of land actually: just shy of one acre of ground that's been professionally surveyed (and the survey recorded at the county). Not only that, but this parcel is located less than a mile from the 1,000-mile shoreline of Bull Shoals Lake and about that far from the Jones Point Wildlife Management Area.
The property, which is 100 feet wide and 430 feet long, is covered with oaks, hickories, and cedars, and is just about level with quite a bit of road frontage on two county roads.
Although the property is in Arkansas, it’s only about a mile from the Missouri border and since the rest of Arkansas is on the other side of the lake, the mail comes out of Theodosia, Missouri--the nearest town--which is 10.6 miles to the north. Electricity is close by, and we get pretty decent cell-phone reception from here. At the present time, all the other parcels at Jones Point Estates have been sold and none of them are occupied, so it’ll just be you and about as much wildlife as you’ll find anywhere.
- JONES POINT ESTATES PARCEL A: as described in the Final Plat of Jones Point Estates recorded on April 23, 2001 in the Marion County Recorder's Office Plat Cabinet at Page 289.
- We will pass Fee Simple Title to the purchaser conveying 100% of the ownership of the property including all timber, mineral and water rights. We own this property free and clear of all tax liens, judgments mortgages or other encumbrances. As purchaser, you are not assuming any existing liens. We will record a Warranty Deed to the property in your name after you have made six monthly payments.
- Access is by Marion Country Road 163, a two-lane gravel road approximately 22 feet wide, which is maintained by Marion County, Arkansas.
We do not supply water or water systems to any of these properties. Purchasers of these parcels need to arrange to drill their own private water well. For information on drilling procedures you should contact local well drillers which are listed in the yellow pages of local phone books or we will recommend some to you. Current prices charged by local well drillers run around $8 per foot to drill and $9-13 per foot to install a 6 inch casing. Missouri law requires a minimum of 80 feet of casing in all locations and more in some. The estimated cost of a complete well, casing and pump system in this area is $7,500. Permits are not required to drill water wells for single family dwellings; however you are required to hire a state-licensed well driller.
- Entergy-Arkansas www.entergy-arkansas.com (1-800-368-3749) Electrical hook-up is free to permanent residences; however charges could change at any time.
- Telephone and Internet:
- Telephone and internet services are provided to Jones Point by CenturyLink1-800-201-4099. http://www.centurylink.com/ For cell phone service, we recommend US Cellular and for internet, a satellite provider.
- We do not provide any means of sewage disposal for these properties. Being in a rural area, the most common methods of sewage disposal are by individual on-site septic tanks, however composting toilets and out-houses are permitted.
- The Missouri Department of Natural Resources has given general approval for this usage of this site for individual sewage treatment systems.
- Septic systems must be constructed in accordance with County and State standards, and you must obtain permission from the Marion County Health Department, 707 Hwy 202 West Yellville, AR 72687, (870) 449-4259 to install a septic tank. The average cost of a septic tank and drain field is $3500.
- Propane gas is available from local dealers.
- Mail Delivery:
- Mail is delivered to Jones Point on Marion County Road #164. To establish a mailbox there, contact the postmaster at the Theodosia Post Office.
- This Property, if occupied, shall not be used for other than private, single family residential purposes. No more than one dwelling may be constructed on any parcel. No commercial or business activities are allowed that require additional parking or signage larger than 2 square feet in area.
We support and promote working at home and cottage industry. What we want to avoid is billboards and businesses so large they disturb day-to-day life.
- All homes constructed on the Property shall be complete on their exterior within 180 days from the date construction above the foundation has begun. Accepted homes shall be one of three types:
1. On-site construction of not less than 600 square feet in living area permanently attached to an adequate concrete foundation.
2. A new modular home of not less than 600 square feet in living area permanently attached to an adequate concrete foundation.
3. A new mobile home of not less than 600 square feet in living area permanently attached to an adequate concrete foundation.
An adequate concrete foundation shall be one consisting of poured concrete or mortared concrete block placed in any combination of beams, piers, pilings and/or footings which supports the dwelling sufficiently that no settling greater than one inch in forty lineal feet shall occur.
600 square feet is about as small as houses get. Typically, it would be about the size of a two-car garage.
- Camping for more than thirty days in a twelve-month period is not permitted.
We invite and encourage you to camp on your parcel. We use this restriction because some people will try to circumvent (B) by saying they're "just camping".
- No construction, other than fencing, shall take place within 10 feet of a parcel boundary or within 75 feet of the centerline of the access road easements.
Buildings placed closer can cause situations that interfere with road maintenance and utility transmission.
- No parcel of the Property as the same shall appear on the official plat of Jones Point Estates as recorded at the Marion County Recorder’s Office, Yellville, Arkansas, may be further sub-divided.
Jones Point Estates will always consist only of the 17 parcels and will never have any more households than that.
- Waste materials must be kept in closed containers at all times. Parcels must be kept free of refuse, debris, and rubbish. No derelict vehicles may be kept on any parcel unless kept in an enclosed garage. Derelict vehicles are defined as those which EITHER do not run, or are not licensed.
Piles of junk are not only unsightly, but tend to spread to adjoining vacant parcels. Dead cars and junk make it harder for us to sell adjacent properties, or for you to sell yours.
- Any animals kept on this property shall be maintained in such a manner that they do not present a nuisance to owners of neighboring parcels. Kennels and feedlots are not permitted.
This probably means that if you want to keep pigs in the most common fashion, you need a parcel of at least 5 acres with a back corner located away from anyone else's home. Lots of barking dogs may also cause you problems depending on the size of your parcel and how you locate your facilities. We welcome and encourage backyard farming.
- All wastewater treatment facilities shall be constructed in accordance with the engineering report provided by Rose’s Land Survey, Mountain Home, Arkansas, and with Arkansas State and Marion County laws. It will be the land-owner's responsibility to assure that such facilities receive proper maintenance as required, and that effluent shall be contained on the individual parcel of origination and handled in such a manner that there will be no violation of the law.
We have already paid for soil engineering, so you don't have to.
Building Codes and/or Permits:
Driving Directions to Locate Jones Point Parcel A:
| To get there from Theodosia, take Hwy. 160 to Hwy. P, then follow Hwy. P south to Dugginsville, where it turns to gravel and very soon crosses into Arkansas and becomes Marion County Road #163, follow this until you see Marion County Road #164 break to the left. Take 164 8/10th of a mile. The road to the parcel will be on your right.
We suggest you print out this page and subsequent maps and take them with you.
GPS: Co-ordinates at the parcel:
36° 29' 29.07" N
92° 40' 14.76" W
and runs to the entrance of Jones Point Estates at:
36° 29' 27.50" N
92° 40' 12.65" W
|Disclaimer: These directions are accurate to the best of our knowledge but cannot be guaranteed. Visit this property at your own risk, we are not responsible for accidents.
Buy This Parcel
0.95 acres - $14,900
Monthly Payment: $151.13
- No Down Payment. Just make the first monthly payment and we'll have a contract package on it's way to you.
- You get a Warranty Deed to the property after six months' timely payments.
- 9% simple interest: 180 months to pay.
- No penalty for pre-payment in any amount, at any time.
- 15% discount for cash.
Initial and subsequent payments may be made online by credit / debit card, or by mail. *
Click HERE to buy this parcel
Please read the directions carefully.